Problems with Storm???
Stormtrooper

Hello everyone,

I have been sitting back reading all of the complaints about the Storm and I am puzzled?

I have had mine since mid December and have had very little issues with it. I can count on one hand how many times it has locked up and since the recent update, it hasn't failed at all. It's speed is fine, screen rotation is virtually immediate. One thing I would like to add. I have NEVER EVER downloaded any "leaked" updates!! If it's leaked it isn't authentic and therefor why risk it. I mean when the download tells you to try it at your own risk.......why would you do so.

Anyway, I have plenty of apps and would be willing to list them if needed, but no balogne!!!

I work in a shop environment and where the phone on my belt all day every day

I turn it off when I go to bed and charge it all night every night. That charge lasts me all day long.

Well I just wanted to add a Happy customer to the otherwise unhappy Storm forum

See ya

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Storm???
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
I'm going to say I have no problems with my Storm. I only had a minor issues after the 148 OS upgrade, but that was resolved. I'm very happy that I bought the Storm.
0 Likes
pianomanss87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had my Storm for about 3 week. Very happy with it. Some times these things just get clitches in them and we need forums like this one for help. I have updated the Storm of a few friends and they are amazed how the problems dissapeard. I treat it like my computer. Update it., don't drop it, don't drop it in water. Little things. Lol.

Thanks

Piano Man

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

It's nice to read about happy Storm users!  If you can please list the apps you've added maybe we can help those users who have had issues?

Thanks so much for taking the time to post positive comments!

0 Likes
pianomanss87
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Michele. I have the Storm. On my last phone, when I got a call, and the number was programed into my phone the phone would announce who it was from. Example. " call from home". if the number was not programed in it would just announce the number that was calling. I guess like a verbal caller ID. Is there an app or anything that I can get on the Storm to provide this feature.

Thanks

Piano Man

0 Likes
jjbaulikki
I loved my storm until just recently.  I am getting poor connections with echos that drive me crazy and people constantly tell me they cannot hear me
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Perfectly happy with my Storm but as I understand it with a 67% return rate it is a crapshoot on whether or not you get a good one at time of purchase.  I got mine with a buddy during the buy 1 get 1 free deal back in April and he has problems with his screen sticking.  Mine ran somewhat slow like everyone elses but that was the only issue.  The .148 has made this a new phone and as far as I'm concerned, it's what the Storm should have been released with.  Like someone else I can only count on 1 hand how many times it's froze even before the firmware update but I do believe good BB maintenance practices are vital to the phone running efficiently on a daily basis.  What this means is CLOSING not escaping out of your applications and doing soft resets on a daily basis if possible a la QuickPull for a fresh phone. 

My apps:

Weather Channel Link on my homepage<---way better than resource/batt hogging Berryweather/Weatherbug

Flashlight<---careful with this one, I think I'm gonna uninstall it as it's caused problems with my indicator LED

Shotgun

Whippoh

Storm Piano

USAA Mobile

GeoTipApp

CrackBerry Mobile App Store

BB App World

YouTube

Google Maps

Ace Email Viewer<---Don't waste your time or $$....slow to open email...slight bog down on the phone when in use.

QuickPull v2<---an absolute must for all BB users.  Set it to reset itself in the a.m. before you get up for a fresh phone.

Slacker Radio<---My absolute favorite application.

4 of the 5 Messenger Services

If anyone has question, you can IM me and I'll be happy to share anything I know.

-Justin

A "Quickpull" a day keeps the lag away. Get it here---> http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=27660&n=QuickPull-v2-(BETA)

Serving proudly, USAF, Land of the free because of the brave.

0 Likes
thebacc16
The Storm is a terrible phone. I was very hyped to get one as soon as it came out but after a visit to my good ol' verizon store I wanted no part of it. I could tell it was just another quite feeble attempt to dethrone the iPhone. From the voyager to the storm Verizon just keeps proving how inept a company they are. They should have nailed down the iPhone deal when they had a chance. Now its just comical to see what phone they are going to try to bring to the plate next to "rival" the iPhone. They are coming nowhere close and The Storm is just another example, another mistake of a phone in the long line of ineptitudes by Verizon. They should really just give up trying to sell these half hearted "iPhone beaters".
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
You are wrong about the Storm! The reason why Verizon did'nt grab the iPhone is obvious, it don't support MMS. If you want to send pictures or videos you have email them. But after 3 upgrades or 2? MMS will finally be supported in the iphone in late summer, and it will be free with people with a text messaging bundle. At least Verizon has MMS and SMS included a package. I lve my Storm!!!:smileyvery-happy: 
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Do you have alot of programs running in the background?  You have to "close" them, not just press end, even videos are they still playing? Make sure they are completly stopped before closing.:smileyhappy:
0 Likes