Problem with BB Storm 1: Can't use touchscreen.
Jaegur

Ok, so I updated my BB mesenger this morning, and when it rebooted, my phone no longer functions as a phone. What do I mean? Well, I'll tell you!

I touch my screen, nothing happens except for a small backlight coming on. I press the end button and the menu comes up, showing that I have unread emails, but I can't touch anything on my screen. I press Call, and my call log comes up but guess what, I can't touch anything on my screen. I press the BB menu button and hold it down, bringing up the popup programs running thing. I can touch THAT, but when the program opens, it gives my a big box in the center of the screen and still, I cannot touch it.

I've had this thing since May and had nothing but trouble, though never to this extent. Anyone know the possibility of exchanging this phone for something else and NOT another storm?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with BB Storm 1: Can't use touchscreen.
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Past your 30 days, Sorry to say YOUR stuck! Same as the rest of us, My suggestion is to hook it up to your computer and do a wipe and reinstall of the software, if that don't work for you, it's off to Verizon for a new replacement (Another Storm ) I use a Mac and my upgrade went really smooth with the new Desktop Manager for Mac. It wiped the Device and did a clean install with no Problems. I have heard of problems installing and things not working right after using the Windows Version. 5.0 Desktop Manager. Some people have been taking their Handsets to Verizon to be updated.

0 Likes
Jaegur

Yeah, went in to VZW store and they said to bad, so sad. The rep told me that one of his friends went through 4 phones, and he's had quite a lot of people coming in recently with similar problems. The sollution? I now have one coming in the mail, good ole refurbished. I really don't want to go through 4 replacements, but guess I will if I have to.

Wonder if after my 4th replacement they'll send me a droid if I ask nicely.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Don't count on it, and from what I have read on the Droid so far it's not all Peaches and Cream either!!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Jaegur wrote:

Yeah, went in to VZW store and they said to bad, so sad. The rep told me that one of his friends went through 4 phones, and he's had quite a lot of people coming in recently with similar problems. The sollution? I now have one coming in the mail, good ole refurbished. I really don't want to go through 4 replacements, but guess I will if I have to.

Wonder if after my 4th replacement they'll send me a droid if I ask nicely.

Hi,

I agree with MacDaddy, a clean swipe and clean reinstall of the upgrade would be what I would do.  But I guess since you have a replacement phone on the way you can wait.  But if you want to try, go ahead and do the reinstall of 5.0.  This time, do not load any 3rd party apps after you upgrade and let the phone run for a day or two to see if everything is ok. 

Doc

0 Likes