Problem configuring 8800 for gmail
jscltc

I cannot configure my 8800 for my gmail account properly. It keeps saying that the email address or password is wrong, but I have verified both on the gmail website, have used "show password" to ensure I'm entering it in properly, have deleted & recreated the account.

I can set it up for a different gmail account without any problems (as a test), but it seems as though this account is cached somewhere on the device with incorrect info and is not updating with current password.

IMAP is enabled in gmail (I also disabled and re-enabled it to make sure it was properly set).

RIM indicates that in this type of scenario, you should go to the RIM website to configure the gmail account, but this doesn't appear to be an option for Verizon users.

What should I do now? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem configuring 8800 for gmail
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Setting up an email account from the BIS website is possible. You can do it here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

0 Likes
That doesn't work, unfortunately
jscltc

Thanks for the response and the suggestion. Unfortunately, when I go to that site and try to create an account, after entering the Device PIN & ESN, I receive the following error: "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service.".

How else can I set this device up for this particular gmail account? It's odd that it will allow me to set up other gmail accounts, but not this one. Something is cached and hosed somewhere and I need to clear it out (or need someone else to do so).

Thanks again.

0 Likes