Possible issues with Blackberry Bold...
kellbell1379

I'm wondering if anyone else is having these problems. I am hoping it's normal so I don't have to return this phone.

First, there is a hissing noise on the line. My husband's Samsung has it as well. I am use to my old cell that sounded like a landline. This phone, however, does have that background noise and it is annoying. Anyone else have this as well?

Secondly,  my signal strenght will drop out completely then come back up when I am sitting in my home. I don't move, the phone is simply sitting on my lap. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Possible issues with Blackberry Bold...
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

All I can recommend now is to perform another PRL update.  Call *228 and choose option 2.  Wait for it to complete the update, usually a minute. 

Doc

0 Likes
kellbell1379

Have you used one? And if so, is the call clear with solid signal?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

kellbell1379 wrote:

Have you used one? And if so, is the call clear with solid signal?

Hi,

I am sorry, I did not understand you question.  If you are asking have I used a Blackberry Bold, the answer is no.  I was recommending you perform another preferred roaming list (PRL) update.  That sometimes clears up any issue with calls that are not quite clear.

Doc

0 Likes
kellbell1379

I spoke to customer service and the woman was not helpful at all. She told me to go to my local store and have them check it out. She said they may have to replace it.

This was tech support that told me this. They didn't check anything.

The hissing and constant sound of interference is too annoying for me to put up with. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!

That being said, I am simply going to send it back, and go back to my 6 year old phone.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sorry your problem could not be resolved. 

Doc

0 Likes
jvining25

My blackberry bold  signal strength is doing the same thy did  a download the sallower  and sad that if it did not fix phone to call cumber service and get a replacement phonetic sad the antenna probe has a broken wire somewhere.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I would for sure return the device right now, since obviously it is not working properly.  Just like any electronic device, there are sure to be a few mistakes when they were rushing to get the shipments out.  I'm sure a replacement will fix your problem.

Doc

0 Likes
starfarfel

I've been using the Bold for 6 days.  There is definitely a signal problem.  I've held it next to my old 8330 and there is a signal drop to the Bold.  I had an email problem and couldn't get through to VZW customer service; eventually did and got escalated to tech support who bumped me to RIM tech support - who were surprisingly uninformed and unhelpful.  I'm still going to stick with this phone, but...  I'd like some improvements.

0 Likes