On the Fence about the Storm
bmeyer

I am looking at new phones, particularly the Blackberry Storm. I have heard both the good, the bad and the ugly about it. The VZW reps at the store all have different opinions. Some love it, some hate it, some just love it in front of the customer to sell it. I do need to upgrade to a BB because of school and work stuff. I hear a new software update is going to be coming out soon and that should fix many of the issues. I just would like to know what you, the users, know about the Storm. Everything from the good and the bad. Also, I hear the battery life isn't the best...Anyways this is pretty much going to be the deciding factor for me so make it count! haha

Thanks,

Brandon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: On the Fence about the Storm
msagkittykat

My personal experience has been overall good with the Storm. I use to have a windows Mobile phone for the last four years and my last one finally died and I had to get a new one. There was not a windows mobile phone that I really liked at all, and I use my  phone for my work email, personal email, and little things other. The phone lags less then my WMP, I do not have to reboot it as much as my WMP, and have little issues here and there but were mostly because I wants 100% use to my phone and how a BB works. I personally feel that once the new OS comes out there will be many issues fixed and the phone will be upgraded to a great phone.

Like all new devices there are hiccup for the first year they come out. Look at the Iphone...it took a while to get it to where it is today,

it is life of the Technology these days.  My battery life had been 100% better then my last phone that last about 4 hours checking my email, bluetooth etc. Like any other phone the more things you have running the battery life drains.

Again this is my personal experience with the  phone. again I am now to black berry and have always used a windows Mobile phone and have been extremely happy with this phone thus far. Less headache them my WMP! :smileyhappy:

I hope this helps some....I think you will find the same things here that you heard at the VZW store. There is a love hate here.. :smileyhappy:

Questions let me know!

Thanks

Kat

Message Edited by msagkittykat on 04-15-2009 10:45 AM
0 Likes
Stormjunkie

I've had my Storm since March 6.  It has a habit of restarting on its own at random times.  There also appears to be a memory leak which in itself requires a soft reset (battery pull or equivalent).  Overall, though, I have been very happy with the device.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
Great advice from "v7nguyenBB".   I had many of those same issues whnen I had my Storm.   RIM reportedly will be going to a different type of touch system for the Storm II according to the leaked reports.   Supposedly, they are adding WiFi as well and some other kewl features!    I too would hold off for that if you can.
0 Likes