OS 5 and Keyboard Lock w/Owner Screen?
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I sent an email to Verizon Wireless but I am wondering when there will be an update to fix the keyboard lock bug that has come up with the upgrade to OS 5?  I use a holster and since the 7100i have used the keyboard lock without having to memorise yet another password (was forced to erase my phone for the first time ever).  If anyone out there can help bring this up and to the attention of RIM, I thank you.

DJ

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: OS 5 and Keyboard Lock w/Owner Screen?
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2
Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with your keyboard lock.   We can certainly look into this for you to see if there is anything with the update.   I just want to first make sure I understand what the issue is.  Are you saying it ask you for a password to unlock your screen and before it did not?

Waiting on your reply :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, that's correct.   This is with all of them including the recent 5.0.0.732 upgrade.   I need a password to lock the keyboard and have it stay locked even after I take it out of the holster.  It used to stay locked w/o the need for a password.  You can check a Curve 1, 8703e and even the 8830 and you will see that this is how it used to be and should be.  I did research on the phones before I upgraded in around August and if this is the new way then I am going to start looking at your Android phones.

DJ

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

If this has become the norm and is not going to change then I would like to change to an Android phone and say that that day is the new 2year contract day.  I will even turn in the BB once I get the new phone.

DJ

0 Likes
Re: OS 5 and Keyboard Lock w/Owner Screen, and Blue/Blank call screen?
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

While waiting for an upgrade to fix the keyboard lock, I recenty received a Blue Screen(blank) on the call screen which means I can't see who is calling?  I would like to be able to upgrade to the LG Ally online with the new 2year contract and not pay the full price w/o having to cancel my contract because I want to keep my number.

DJ

0 Likes
Re: OS 5 and Keyboard Lock w/Owner Screen, and Blue/Blank call screen?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

DJ_Boxer wrote:

...  I would like to be able to upgrade to the LG Ally online with the new 2year contract and not pay the full price w/o having to cancel my contract because I want to keep my number.

DJ

No need to cancel your contract to upgrade.  When are you eligible?  Your MyVerizon account will tell you when you can upgrade at a discount.  If you are NOT eligible now, and want to upgrade, your options are to pay full price to Verizon, or find a less expensive phone through another source - ebay, craigslist, etc.....

0 Likes