Re: OS 10.3.1 for Z10?
BB_Jeremy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I made the jump and tried my hand at a 10.3.1.2267 leak about a week ago. There's an autoloader on crackberry that works great! My wife (who also has a Z10) saw how much fun I was having with it, so I loaded it on her's last night. It brings new life to an already amazing phone! I just wish that my dog hadn't chewed on my camera lens, otherwise I'd say that I would use this for another 2 or more years.

I noticed that Verizon has removed the Z10 from their website. Which makes since, there's no reason to have both the Z10 and Z30 on your product list. My 2-year contract ends at the end of May, so I'm looking for something new. I would buy a BB Passport in a heartbeat if Verizon carried it. So I'm set on the Z30 (IF I STAY WITH VERIZON). However, Verizon offers the Z30 for $200 with a new 2-year contract. Blackberry sells them for $275 unlocked on Amazon with no contract (granted these are not the same version that is compatible with Verizon), which means I pay a small incremental cost and stay out of a 2-year contract. The Verizon full price is $500! Verizon is single-handedly drowning Blackberry and Blackberry users by not supporting updates and inflating prices beyond what is reasonable. They're so far in bed with Apple and Android it's criminal. And yet, the Z30 is still one of they're highest rated smartphones!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand how important it is to have the latest software Mantis_BBZ10! You are able to keep up with your phone updates here: http://spr.ly/6583AoO5 Are you having any issues with your phone?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
blgsllmtim
Enthusiast - Level 2

This kind of response is a slap in all our faces.  Most of us know how to follow the history of the updates, what is being asked by all to VZW is when will VZW  be releasing the 10.3 for Z10 ect.  At least explain what the hold up is all about.  VZW has been running 10.3 with the Classic, so you are familiar with this o/s, so what is the issue?  What is the disregard for your consumers (who prefer using BlackBerrys), is this to punish us because we will not switch to the Iphone or Androids, why should we settle for devices which can only entertain, when we can have a device which not only can entertain but also get the work done.  Like many I am hoping the BlackBerry will release a high end all touch device (with high specs), but in the meanwhile all we are asking for is the latest update which has been dropped around the world.  VZW is taking its consumers for granted and one day will look around and see a mass exodus to other providers.  VZW will not even consider rolling over unused data.  The previous writers did not deserve such a disrespectful response.  Just provide us with an intelligent, considerate, accurate and respectful update, but most of all give us the updated o/s which you have in your possession and which is being circulated world wide.  BlackBerry you need to address this is issue more assertively.  To my Brother and Sister BlackBerry users stay committed to BlackBerry and stay strong and let VZW know that we will not forget this callous disregard of it's consumers, who prefer BlackBerry.......a device which gets the work done and leaves time to also be have fun.  Best regards to all.

BB_Jeremy
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first read the response to view the update page, I figured it was a joke. Are they trying to point out that it's been almost a year since the last update for Z10? Or were they pointing out that they've updated all apple products within the last few months? How's that iOS 8.3? ...nobody cares here

0 Likes
mzblues1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Amber,

I Really do like the phone's connectivity on Verizon's networks, but that doesn't mean that myself and others aren't willing to take less service with a different carrier to avoid dealing with the poor support you have for your remaining Blackberry customers. It's bad enough that the support for the physical phones have been non-existent at your stores and your selection is bare minimum, but not providing software updates on a timely basis is unexceptible, especially since you are already running on the "Classic" that you have out for a while.

if I here another pre-scripted responses with a reference to a useless webpage again, I think it will be time to Jump Ship from Verizon:

"I understand how important it is to have the latest software Mantis_BBZ10! You are able to keep up with your phone updates here: http://spr.ly/6583AoO5  AmberF_VZW"

I would suggest that one of you Customer Service Reps go the extra mile and speak with your Upper Management to find out who you need to talk to in your organization to get an answer to your customers so that they are not constantly in the dark about something as important as the functioning of their phones that are used daily in their lives.

please dont't even respond to this unless you first do the work to get us an answer any get us a tentative ETA on the latest update at a minimum. Preferably, an actual planned date would be best and "DEFINITLY" IS" part of Verizon's Business Plan (as is with any company). Please let us know once you have an answer?