No email notification on my Tour
oysterman

After downloading the Blackberry Desktop Manager, I tried to back up information on my Tour. Somehow i lost most of my contacts off the Blackberry, but was able to restore the list from my computer. Somehow along the way, my e-mail accounts (I have three) do not have the notification icon that pops up. The different e-mails fall into their accounts, but I do not see the little icon (and sound) that usually pops up. The Message folder and the Text message folders have the icons and sound pop up. Any way to get the icon notifiers back working? How did I lose them in the first place? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No email notification on my Tour
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

oysterman wrote:

After downloading the Blackberry Desktop Manager, I tried to back up information on my Tour. Somehow i lost most of my contacts off the Blackberry, but was able to restore the list from my computer. Somehow along the way, my e-mail accounts (I have three) do not have the notification icon that pops up. The different e-mails fall into their accounts, but I do not see the little icon (and sound) that usually pops up. The Message folder and the Text message folders have the icons and sound pop up. Any way to get the icon notifiers back working? How did I lose them in the first place? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.
  2. Select Sounds then press in on the trackball.

Changes made using Set Ring Tones / Alerts are applied to the Normal profile.

1. Select Set Ring Tones / Alerts then press in on the trackball.
  2. Select the desired category then press in on the trackball.
    Note Depending upon the applications that are installed, additional categories may appear.
    • Phone
      • Level 1
      • MMS
      • PIN
      • SMS Text
    • Instant Messages
      • BlackBerry Messenger Alert
      • BlackBerry Messenger New Message
    • Reminders
      • Calendar
      • Tasks
    • Other
      • Browser
      • Visual Voice Mail
  3. Select the desired alert (e.g. Volume) then press in on the trackball.
    Note Depending upon the category selected, some alerts may not be available.
    • Ring Tone
    • Volume
    • Sound in Holster
    • LED
    • Vibration
    • Notify Me During Calls
  4. Adjust the setting as desired then press in on the trackball.
    Note Repeat steps 3 and 4 as necessary to configure additional alerts.
  5. Press the Menu button, select Save then press in on the trackball.
  6. If desired, repeat steps 2 through 5 to configure additional categories.

this should help!

0 Likes
oysterman

Hi Michele,

I understand all the information you posted, but my problem is simply my email folders (or accounts) do not light up with the little notification icon and there is no sound also. The "Message" folder gets the notifications however. The emails do go into the right folders, but I don't know that unless I look. All my settings seem to be in order.

0 Likes
oysterman

Hey Michele,

I did a battery reboot and the icons are back! Not sure what I did to have to do a reboot, but everything seems to work now. Thanks again for the help.

0 Likes
Realmack

Michele,

I have the same issue that Oysterman wrote you about on 12-23-10. I tried a power down, removal of the battery and a reboot but nothing happened. The red asterisk is still missing from my email folders (I have three)..

Help!

Hi Michele,

I understand all the information you posted, but my problem is simply my email folders (or accounts) do not light up with the little notification icon and there is no sound also. The "Message" folder gets the notifications however. The emails do go into the right folders, but I don't know that unless I look. All my settings seem to be in order

0 Likes