New bold 9650 volume is low
mindless7676

just got the bold and i really like it, the only thing is that the volume is not even as loud as my tour was. i have checked all my settings and the volume is still low on the highest setting. does anyone know if there is a fix or is having the same problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: New bold 9650 volume is low
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

See if the latest software update solves the problem.  It is 5.0.0.732.  The software can be downloaded at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

Doc

0 Likes
mindless7676

that the version that is installed on my phone thanks though

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Ok, thanks.  Wasn't sure which one you had.  Mine came with the .699.  Anyways, if I come across a possible answer, I will post it.

Doc

0 Likes
mindless7676

Thanks Doc, if I hear something I will post it just in case others are noticing or having this problem

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

mindless7676 wrote:

just got the bold and i really like it, the only thing is that the volume is not even as loud as my tour was. i have checked all my settings and the volume is still low on the highest setting. does anyone know if there is a fix or is having the same problem?

Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with your ringtone volume and I will be happy to look into this for you.   I did see you stated you have the latest software.   Does this happen with all ringtones you try?  Are you using default or ringtones from another source?

Waiting on your reply :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
mindless7676

i am using ringtones that i downloaded that i had on my tour and it happens with all of my ringtones on the bold and my girlfriends bold. i compared the volume of the bold and the tour, before i sent the tour back to verizon. Someone said that the ringtones could have been downloaded at a low volume so i deleted the ringtone and download it again, same problem though. The tour has a much louder ring and with the bold it is hard to hear the phone sometimes.     Thanks for looking in to my problem

0 Likes
wickedfierce

I'm also having this issue, among a few others including the track pad occasionally NOT working and upon a reboot it doesn't recognize my memory card (there is nothing wrong with it and it recognizes it just fine after a few more reboots).  I love this phone.  It works faster, the Wifi is incredible...  But when I have to reboot several times just to get basic functionality AND am unable to hear the ringer (default classic phone ringer setting on volume 10) in the other room while running my air conditioning, it is a useless waste.  I have the recent software as well...  Is there going to be a remedy for this, or did Verizon just get a lemon of a phone?  I'm honestly considering going back to my 8330.

0 Likes