Re: New Verizon Net Email problems on Blackberry ***** ANSWER FOUND ****
lcandkc

rvernon61

Not a problem.  I'm working my way through all of this.

In Gmail, go to "settings" in the upper right

Then choose the accounts and import tab

On this tab, you can import mail from your old verizon.net address and set up your gmail so that it will go out to your verizon.net address and bring in any new mail.    I haven't figured out how frequently it does this "polling", but you can always go in an manually tell it to "check mail now".

Once you set this up, you'll get an email in the address you are trying to poll and you'll have to go there (to verizon's email) and confirm the setup, which ensure gmail has the right address (and authority).

I now have gmail fetching my email from verizon, another yahoo email I had set up as an alternative, and from an email service connected to my personal web page.

The good thing is that I can send email using my verizon.net address or any of the other addresses from right there......

So I won't actually every give out my gmail address... pretty cool.

I'm essentially just using verizon to keep my same email address.

0 Likes
lcandkc

For blackberry users that converted to gmail.........

Once you have gmail polling for your mail at verizon.net, then you don't need to have your blackberry look for that.

Now here's the only caveat I have found:

Even if I receive an email through my username@verizon.net account and it goes into gmail.  I can reply from my verizon.net address. That's the good part.

But when it goes to my blackberry, it goes as "gmail", so if I reply from my blackberry, it replies from my gmail account

0 Likes
Esteban3873

Thanks Icankc......I have found my way to about this same place through fumbling around all weekend....what a mess!

I was just on the DLS Technical Support (NO HELP) line and after 40 minutes on hold all I got from them was we are experiencing a major outage.....DUH!!

You know much about the BB Outlook calendar and contact management?   I hate it so far and wish I still had my Palm 755!!!  I have lost contacts, missed appointments and I am not very impressed with the BB or their owners forumn.....I received no help from a couple of posts there....

Any clues how to make this work better for me.....oh and duplicates are just wonderful.....while sitting in a Dentist office or some other mundane thing I sit there a delete my duplicates...

SR

0 Likes
Re: New Verizon Net Email problems on Blackberry
Lizf

ANSWER FOUND!

After several hours on the phone with Verizon (mostly on hold) I came up with something that is working. During my last conversation with Verizon this morning, the Verizon rep mentioned that Verizon had assigned everyone with new userid's and passwords. While we were on the phone, she had me log into Verizon.net using the assigned userid and password. Once I was logged in, it asked me to change the password, which I did.  After the phone call ended with no solution to the email problem, I logged back into Verizon.net and noticed that their assigned userid was listed with the verizon. net tag as a selection in the To: box along with my regular email address.

I wondered what would happen if I added the assigned userid.verizon.net in my Blackberry and password. It worked!! I started receiving emails sent to my regular email address. It appears as though the emails are pointed or routed through their assigned userid email address.

The painful part will be calling Verizon to get that assigned userID and password.

Hopefully, this will work for you too.

0 Likes
Esteban3873

Thanks Lisf........I have some free time this afternoon and I will give this a try......

SR

0 Likes
tigsgal1

I am having trouble getting the Gmail account that I set up for my Verizon email to work on my Blackberry

What a headache this has been!!

I'm not even sure what I did wrong.  My device will not recognize my gmail ID and password?

Help!

Tonya O

0 Likes
tigsgal1

You know, now that I think about it...a different user id shows up on my verizon webmail page than

the one that I created for myself ages ago.

Also the server settings keep resetting to the old yahoo server settings rather than the new verizon ones.

~runs around screaming~

0 Likes
hazelize

I finally got mine to work after messing with it for a week, calling my Blackberry provider (not verizon) and calling verizon's tech support.  I spent an hour on the phone with my Blackberry provider and 10 minutes with Verizon.  We tried trouble shooting all kinds of things with my other provider and still did not work.  I decided last night that I was going to delete the old verizon email address off of my phone and turn it off and try again in the morning. 

I tried again this morning by setting up a new email address and it worked!!!  I couldn't believe after all of the messing around I did with it, that it finally worked and I am not going crazy!!

So, if you have a Blackberry and you are having trouble with the turnover from Yahoo, go in and delete your current verizon email address, turn off you phone for a while (like overnight) and input the email address in the morning as a new setup.   You will get an activation request from the activation server requiring you to leave messages on the server if you use Outlook or another email client.  It gives you directions how to check that.  Mine was already done.  Then send yourself a test email and see if you get it in about 10 minutes.  Mine worked and I hope that yours does too!

The insanity is now over!

0 Likes
kdr

I have had exactly the same issue since the unsolicited change-over from Yahoo to Verizon webmail on March 27th. I have followed absolutely every single direction on verizon.net websites, I have called att support for blackberry and worked through this whole issue with a LIVE HUMAN tech support person who was very helpful. She could see the server settings at her console, and no matter what we did, the blackberry still saw the verizon email server as a yahoo.verizon.net server - but Verizon terminated sending email to the yahoo server, so I simply can't receive email to my verizon account on the blackberry. Interestingly, I can stil SEND email on the blackberry, and from my old Verizon yahoo acount; I just can't receive email.

I have gone through every single tech support mechanism available to me from verizon and have yet to speak to a real human voice, or get any acknowledgement that there is a problem. The automated chat is infuriating, because it assumes I'm an **bleep** who can't read. I am completely disgusted with Verizon at this point. I am tempted to change both my phone provider and my internet provider over this issue - and I was a VERY HAPPY customer until Verizon decided to 'upgrade' me to Verizon webmail!

0 Likes
wrpear1

Blackberry repaired the problem. Sat. when I got up there was a upgrade star on my phone .I downloaded the new program and that repaired the problem.After you put the new software on your phone either by phone or your data cable from your computer,you have to go to email settings and delete your email account on phone.After you delete reenter  your same email and password and your email will not be linked to Yahoo anymore.

0 Likes