Re: New Verizon Net Email problems on Blackberry
Esteban3873

Well I gave it another try.....talked to Sandra.....very nice person.....absolutely a total waste of time on the phone....

He only solution was to contact Verizon Wireless......"your telling me about a problem on your Verizon Blackberry,

you will have to talk to Verizon Wireless about this problem"

0 Likes
ncc52867

My wife and I both have Blackberry 8330's.  On MY phone, I was able to go into Email Settings, clicked "edit" under my email address, clicked on Advanced Settings, and changed my Email Server to incoming.verizon.net.   I was then able to receive my Verizon.net email on my Blackberry. 

The problem with my wife's phone (same 8330 phone), it that there is no "Advanced Settings" button, so I can't change to Email Server address, and I can't even see it.  Why can't I change the Email Server on my wife's phone? 

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
Esteban3873

My Tour does not have the advanced setting button under edit email......this really sucks!

0 Likes
rvernon61

Hope this gets fixed soon, I've been without email since Friday!

0 Likes
Re: New Verizon Net Email problems on Blackberry ***** ANSWER FOUND ****
lcandkc

Ok. So after this whole verizon yahoo to verizon.net email switch, I was left with 3 major problems:

1.  I could no longer receive  username@verizon.net emails on my blackberry.

2.  The verizon.net email address I was using was a "subaccount" so my allowed space went from 2Gb on Verizon Yahoo to 250Mb on verizon.net.   This caused all kids of havoc.

3.  True switch only copied the first 300 of my 550 contacts and did not copy my groups.

After three days of torture trying to talk to Verizon (and verizon wireless and Blackberry/RIM), I finally found the answer:

1.  I opened a new gmail account.

2.  I added my username@verizon.net  as a POP account, so that it goes and brings in those emails.  (and I can also send from gmail as username@verizon.net.  (requires some easy validations)

3.  I imported all 550 contacts from my verizon.yahoo account by exporting them to a csv file and then importing into my new gmail account.

4.  I added the new gmail account to my blackberry. (again requires some easy validations)

Now, when anyone sends an email to my username@verizon.net address, essentially gmail intercepts it, and puts it in my gmail inbox (marked that it's from verizon).   AND it seemlessly goes to my blackberry, as well.

Now that it's in my new gmail account, I can reply to it using a from address from gmail or using the from address from username@verizon.net.

Essentially, my solution was the FIRE VERIZON as my webmail, but without giving up my username@verizon.net!   In my opinion, they are history!

0 Likes
lcandkc

I forgot to mention.  It would have been easy enough to have my username@verizon.net emails simply "auto-forwarded" to my new gmail account .... BUT .... you guessed it, verizon.net's email does not allow an option to "autoforward"   and after hours on the phone with verizon's no-help center, and their agent insisting he could do it, logging onto my system remotely........ he finally talked to another tech and said that it was not a user-enabled feature, and it was not something they could override.    

My vote is to FIRE THEM.

0 Likes
Esteban3873

Thanks Icandkc......I am doing the same thing with the forwarding but I'm not sure how many emails I am missing......

And with Gmail I could not get the same user name so I had to add a couple numbers.....not convenient if changing

and notifying people of new email address.....

This is all a bunch of CRAP and I now am sorry that I had the verizon.net account for so many years and with so many

contacts!!!!!  Now I have to email everyone and change them, and not to mention websites that I am on and so on...

This is like having some government tell you "Oh your address is wrong so we are changing it and you will have to change

your checks, mortgage, insurance and all your correspondence!"

0 Likes
rvernon61

Icandkc,

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you set a the Gmail account to a pop?

0 Likes
Esteban3873

Top right corner of the page (Gmail) and go to settings, forwarding and pop/imap

After that your on your own.....I got through it though so it can't be too bad.

Good luck!

0 Likes
sandpointspud

ok, I set up an account at Gmail and for a while it seemed to be working. Now Gmail will not pull the messages from verizon. The default setting at Gmail was mail.verizon.net. I changed that to incoming.verizon.net. Is this correct. By the way, I have a rumer that I just set up and it pulls mail in from verizon. There must be somewhere in the blackberry to manually change the settings but I can not find it.  Any words of wisdom? Blackberry curve 8330

0 Likes