New Storm
evan1619
I just got the Blackberry Storm and have started to read up about all the problems with it and im asking since im still in the 30 day window in a few weeks if I dont like it can I bring it back and switch it with a different phone?
Message Edited by evan1619 on 07-21-2009 06:09 AM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Storm
risu
Contributor - Level 3

As long as you're within that 30day window, you can take your phone back and exchange.  However, you may have to pay a $35 restocking fee to do the exchange.

The Storm has a lot of issues, but you might end up being one of the lucky ones who doesn't have too much trouble with it.  I've had my phone for a while not and while it does occasionally lock up and act up, for the most part, I really enjoy using it.  Don't be afraid to pull the battery out when it starts acting up.

It's like a small child.  Show it who's boss and don't let it run all over you :smileytongue:

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

If you're not having problems, keep your Storm, I love mine as well.  The key to owning this phone is good maintenance practices and I feel like a broken record b/c I say this in a lot of my posts, but if you don't operate it properly it will give you headaches like anything else.  So a few things to remember:

1.  CLOSE do not escape out of your applications, anything really.  Get in the habbit, DO NOT hit the back button, hit the BB button and CLOSE.

2.  Clean out your memory occasionally.  Options>Security>Memory Cleaning>Hit the BB button and click "Clean Now"

3.  In landscape mode on the home screen hit your BB button and bring up the keyboard, type " / " / and then hit your BB button and clear the log.

4.  Schedule "Quickpull" to run every morning before you get up so you have a fresh phone in the a.m.  Check my sig for a link.

5.  Back up your phone on a weekly basis.

PM with questions

-Justin

A "Quickpull" a day keeps the lag away.
Get it here---> {no third party software/apps links please}

Serving proudly, USAF, Land of the free because of the brave.

Message Edited by WendyM on 07-21-2009 01:42 PM
0 Likes
Stormster
Take the phone back, trust me you will be better off.  Wait for the Storm 2 or get something that you don't have to perform maintainece on.  Phones should just work, you shouldn't have to maintain them...... that's why they call them Smart Phones...:smileyhappy:
0 Likes
pianomanss87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love my Storm

Piano Man

0 Likes