New Blackberry User
MBK

I am a new Blackberry user and am wondering if I can display the information (other than e-mail) that's in my Blackberry on my PC.  Do I need a special app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Blackberry User
Devs_Advocate
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not exactly sure what you mean that you want to display on your pc but have you installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager?  That is the program to sync with your computer and you can transfer files to and from.

0 Likes
MBK

I have installed the Blackberry Desktop.  I used a Palm previously and could see my task list, calendar, etc. on my desktop as well as on my Palm device.  Am I not going to be able to do the same with teh Balckberry?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

MBK wrote:

I have installed the Blackberry Desktop.  I used a Palm previously and could see my task list, calendar, etc. on my desktop as well as on my Palm device.  Am I not going to be able to do the same with teh Balckberry?

Hi,

First, welcome to the Blackberry Forums.  You can syncronize your Blackberry with various software applications on your desktop via the included USB cable.  For example, I use Microsoft Outlook on my desktop for email, calendar, and other PIM tasks.  I sync my Tour to keep track of appointments and tasks between the two.  If you want to wirelessly sync, you can use a program from Google called Google Sync which will sync your Blackberry to a Google calendar, task, and contacts.  There are lots of other software applications you can use to sync with your Blackberry.  This is one of the big things I like about a Blackberry.  My suggestion is to look around and see what is available that would suite your needs.  I'm sure you will find something to fit your needs and budget.

Doc

0 Likes