Network Error when Trying to Use V Cast Apps on OS 6.0
chavisheights

I recently updated to OS 6.0 on my Bold 9650 via the OTA and the VCast Apps icon is now visible on my device. When I select teh icon, it opens 1.0.8 build .8.  When I try to select a category, I am prompted for a "V CAST Apps Update" that I must complete to continue.  When I select the update, the application churns for awhile, and then tells me it is unable to process my request due to a "Network Error."

I have deleted all of the third-party apps from my device, and rebooted, and all that, but still cannot get VCast Apps to work.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?  I have seen some other mentions of the issue, but no one seems to ever find a solution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Error when Trying to Use V Cast Apps on OS 6.0
Not applicable

Chavis, 

Try uninstalling V Cast Apps. Go to Options>Device>Application Management>Scroll down to V Cast Apps>Press the Menu button>Delete. The phone will normally need to reboot afterwards. You will still have the icon for V Cast Apps, it will then give you the option to download again. 

Let me know if you need further assistance!

0 Likes
Magnettarose
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem.  I did what you said & it didn't help I still get Network Error.

Magnettarose

0 Likes
Magnettarose
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there a fix for this issue?

0 Likes
sab1521

having the same problem

0 Likes
Navatia
Enthusiast - Level 3
oh hai
0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

There were some known issue occurring with the Vcast Apps program.  We have released an update that can be downloaded here http://mobile.vzw.com/VCASTApps.  If not viewing this from your device please just type in URL into browser on phone.

Thank you for your patience with the situation.

0 Likes
Magnettarose
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try the link that was given. Verizon just sent it to my phone today. And now the apps work.

0 Likes