NOT Happy!!!!!!!!!! With Verizon Wireless
ktap46

First of all I have been with Verizon for several years now and about 7 or so months ago I purchased the BB storm. Thinking hey this is cool I have one of the new top of the line phones. NOT so great I hate this phone. You have to remove the battery from it once a day or else it will freeze up. Or just work really slow. I have gone into several Verizon Wireless stores to try and get a new phone. NOT another Storm. They say "well we can't do anything to help you the phone seems to be working fine." this is not satisfactory for me so I get a hold of Verizon through the Contact Us section on this website. I informed them of all this and they said here are your two options. " you can either wait until it is time to renew and upgrade at that time or you can cancel your plan. Great customer service if you ask me.......................I don't want to cancel my plan because I have great coverage. I just want a new phone at a reasonable price. That is all I asked for. Is that really to much to ask from a good customer?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: NOT Happy!!!!!!!!!! With Verizon Wireless
chucke

I have BB Storm 9530.  It was real slow that I could not use it...and had to use it now. 

1.) Called tech support, *611? from phone and they had me do a *228? or something and it reset the service and it was real fast.

2.) Upgrade to the new 5.0 software (v5.0.0.328) on the phone and desktop manager.  It is a Huge difference.  I think it is what the phone was suppose to have originally, but they put the phone out ahead of time.  It makes the phone act like the iPhone.

Hope all this works for you...it did for me.

ps...I am a tech for others and my phone is ON all the time.

0 Likes
ktap46

Thanks for the info, I did do the upgrade when it came out and the phone still has to have the battery pulled every day. And now its not the phone IM upset with even though I still do not like it. It is more the service that I was given by the people in the store as well as the people in customer service from VZW

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Sorry to hear your having problems with storm now about getting another phone huh did it you read terms etc....Come on the storm is a perfect well build fancy loveable device check for apps installed maybe there's a conflict somewhere,,,,,

GET THAT TECHNICAL MIND SET IN MOTION!!!!

0 Likes
chucke

I understand...went though that 4 years ago.  It is like that for all major wireless companies.  I have no part with Verizon also.  The only thing without getting dollar killed is to wait for the 1 year to get another. 

Not the best solution, sorry.  The reception in the U.S. is the best.  Have clients with ATT and it has more problems. 

0 Likes
jc7606

I have the same problem with my storm. Its slow, it freezes up and I am am very unhappy with it. I'm already on my 4th storm in less than a year. And same thing with the customer service. There ain't nothing that they can do. Now that this new BB Storm 2 is out I'm wondering if they are going to let all the customers upgrade for free for the ones that have the 1st storm like AT&T did with the iphone???? Sure would be nice.

0 Likes
serpentine5

Hey bud, I feel for you in regard to the customer service.... but thats a big corporation for you. They do not care about the individual customer.

There is a battery pull app in the BB app store, it is free. I moved here from TMobile and I had to pull my battery about once a week becuase it my phone would stop talking to the service if I didnt... no clue why but thats the excuse they gave me.

When i moved to Verizon and got the BB I found the app there ans installed it. I have my phone so it shuts off at night, and wakes up in the am before me, and I have the battery pull app set to run 5 minutes after the phone wakes up every day. That way it is fresh for me every day. I have not had any problems as yet other than the BB being a bit on the sluggish side...

Hope this helps you some.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi There JCM here,

Im glad you choose verizon  did a smart move, everybody needs the best network around hey so how is your phone slugish did you notice when it started to get slugish? 

=ERASE BROWSER HISTORY, CONTENT CACHE,PUSH CACHE,COOKIES,

=CLEAN MEMORY

=AFTER YOU DO ALL THAT DO A 5 SECOND BATTERY PULL

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

ktap46 wrote:

First of all I have been with Verizon for several years now and about 7 or so months ago I purchased the BB storm. Thinking hey this is cool I have one of the new top of the line phones. NOT so great I hate this phone. You have to remove the battery from it once a day or else it will freeze up. Or just work really slow. I have gone into several Verizon Wireless stores to try and get a new phone. NOT another Storm. They say "well we can't do anything to help you the phone seems to be working fine." this is not satisfactory for me so I get a hold of Verizon through the Contact Us section on this website. I informed them of all this and they said here are your two options. " you can either wait until it is time to renew and upgrade at that time or you can cancel your plan. Great customer service if you ask me.......................I don't want to cancel my plan because I have great coverage. I just want a new phone at a reasonable price. That is all I asked for. Is that really to much to ask from a good customer?

see this link pls --> http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/NO-Discount-to-storm-users/td-p/99472/page/3

0 Likes
ktap46

I downloaded quick pull and it doesn't work. The app doesn't let me choose what time I would like it to re-set. I don't know how to explain how it isn't working. And plus my main problem isn't with the phone it is with how Verizon just shrugs me off. What happened to the good days when businesses were actually worried about losing customers? Now that is one of your options. Pay more or get lost.

0 Likes