Re: NO Discount to storm users!!!!
GrayGeezer

I have had my Storm since December 08. It was slow and locked up at times but I figured an upgrade would be along to solve my problems. I then found a "leaked" upgrade on CrackBerry.com several months before Verizon released an upgrade. Once it was downloaded and installed, I had no further problems. I have been happy with my BlackBerry Storm and the only reason I would buy the new Storm is for the Wi-Fi. I downloaded and installed the latest update from Verizon and my Storm is all around faster. The camera delay is all but gone however, I do not like the new media folder setup, but I can live with that. Don't get me wrong, I USE my Storm. It is loaded with PDF docs that I use daily, and the internet is really a great help when I am on the road. Yea it won't stream flash content, but if thats what you want there are other phones that will. Also remember the BlackBerry's original design was to be a business tool. I research all the smart phones on the market before each upgrade of my phone and have stayed with BlackBerry for five years now. (I'm on my third). As for a discount, in my business there are new computer driven controllers coming out almost monthly, and if a customer buys equipment today and a new and improved one comes out tomorrow, its just their fault for not researching enough. With all the information that is available today, if you jump in and buy technology without finding out all you can before hand, its your own fault if you are unhappy with what you get

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

GrayGeezer wrote:

I have had my Storm since December 08. It was slow and locked up at times but I figured an upgrade would be along to solve my problems. I then found a "leaked" upgrade on CrackBerry.com several months before Verizon released an upgrade. Once it was downloaded and installed, I had no further problems. I have been happy with my BlackBerry Storm and the only reason I would buy the new Storm is for the Wi-Fi. I downloaded and installed the latest update from Verizon and my Storm is all around faster. The camera delay is all but gone however, I do not like the new media folder setup, but I can live with that. Don't get me wrong, I USE my Storm. It is loaded with PDF docs that I use daily, and the internet is really a great help when I am on the road. Yea it won't stream flash content, but if thats what you want there are other phones that will. Also remember the BlackBerry's original design was to be a business tool. I research all the smart phones on the market before each upgrade of my phone and have stayed with BlackBerry for five years now. (I'm on my third). As for a discount, in my business there are new computer driven controllers coming out almost monthly, and if a customer buys equipment today and a new and improved one comes out tomorrow, its just their fault for not researching enough. With all the information that is available today, if you jump in and buy technology without finding out all you can before hand, its your own fault if you are unhappy with what you get

Well thought out and very well written.  Good job.  I think you summed up my thoughts exactly.

Doc

0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

StreetDocRN: I secont that! Otherwise, I would be asking Microsoft where my discount is for being a Vista early adopter... Charter Communications (@Home, remember that?) for being an early adopter of a cable modem service that was less than stellar. Panasonic for buying a plasma TV (which I love) for $1800 more than I could buy one today. I wouldn't blame them for saying no, they're not charities.

Didn't Apple/ATT have the same issue with the iPhone when they launched the 3G version?

From what I have learned, techonology is not an "investment." When you pull the trigger on a decision, expect something bigger and better to be available tomorrow or one day after a return policy expires.

Speaking of discount, I wonder how many wireless phone users don't get a discount when buying a phone. How many acutally pay full price for it?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Almost forgot to give a couple of Kudos points to Gray and Luke.

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

GrayGeezer, thanks for sharing your thoughts.  Glad to hear you like your original Storm. Hope to see you contribute what you can to the community.

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

I just love these repetitive discussions.  I've said it before and I'll say it again; VZW is just the middle man for a company that while offering great technology and features is kind of lacking in the customer satisfaction department when it comes to a few of their handsets.  I hear the "well apple let their iPhone users upgrade" blah blah blah yahda yahda yahda......yea that's b/c apple manufactures the iPhone and if they wanna take the hit, they can choose to do so and i'm sure they can afford it to make their specialized customer base happy and keep them loyal; they have to if you ask me....when you only offer 1 phone and there is so much competition, they don't have any other choice.  People would just jump ship to another alternative so it's almost a given they do so.  VZW does not manufacture the Storm, RIM does, so if you're hating on VZW for not offering a discount or free upgrade of this handset, please direct your frustration and hate to the sourse, RIM and quit complaining how VZW did u wrong. They offered a product which they tested to the best of their ability, relied on the mfgr to do what they should have done and it didn't come out too well.  So they get egg on their face too b/c of RIM.....it's not right and I personally grow tired of listening to people bash VZW (no i don't work there) bc they made a bad purchase decision or didn't research the product and them come to message boards complaining how it's not their fault and they deserve a handout.  <---not directed at anyone, but if the shoe fits, wear it.

Chileman FTW!!!

0 Likes
fraudpi2

lalalamesss wrote:

Here's a thought: not even Verizon employees get THAT big of a discount off phones. What makes you think you're entitled to a discount just because you decided to get the Storm? I realize it doesn't work half the time, but NMchileman is right. You don't pay my salary, my company does. You don't sign my checks, my company does. And I don't have to help you. If someone came into a car dealership (here's the analogy ^_^) and started complaining and demanding $700 off the new model of the car you previously bought there, the dealership would kindly tell you to leave their property. You got the new High Def TV and the new model came out this month, paper thin. Do you think you deserve a discount because you DECIDED to buy that a year before technology advanced? Nah... Oh, and by the way, I hold out my two-year contract I signed for. Verizon won't give you squat because your signature is on at least 5 documents stating you agree to this phone. HAHAHAHAHHA. Awesome. Quit complaining. 

I truly hope you are not a Verizon employee with that response. Even if you disagree, you could have been nicer. 

0 Likes
fraudpi2

nmchileman wrote:

AzCellUser wrote:

If you are so upset with the Storm why buy another?  Well, I would buy the Storm 2 with the hopes that RIM worked out all of the bad bugs with the Storm 1.    There are other factors.  So, yes I would purchase the second generation in hopes they worked these bugs out. 

So much for support, huh?

0 Likes
fraudpi2

AzCellUser wrote:

... Keep your customers happy and they come back as I have done already.  I and you and millions of others do pay the salaries of the Verizon employee's.  Maybe the checks are not written by us, although our monthly billing fees and other purchases go towards their paychecks.  If people quit buying phones and didn't continue their contracts once up, do you think Verizon would have to lay off?  Yes they would.  Why?  Because they had no income to keep these people employed.  It's very simple try taking some Economic and Business classes you will understand.  Unless the Govt. bails them out that's another story....

I TOTALLY agree!

0 Likes
apollo5112

After reading the posts it appears a number of them are from the Verizon payroll. You can see the attitude, after all you stuck with them while paying them to beta test the Storm 1 and then you have the gall to ask for some type of bone for being a loyal customer. VERIZON is not the only company out there although they think they are. But after selling this **bleep** they make fun of you for asking for a discount. You do realize if you leave VERIZON they will treat you like a king to get you back, but if you stay the continue to treat you like crap. Laughing at you for asking for discount after putting up with the Storm 1 because you keep hoping  things would improve. It appears being a loyal customer gives you no benefit but leave the company and you get the red carpet to come back. This kind of management runs the risk that you may find another company and find your happy with and never come back. I have never understood when it cost so much money to get a new customer and then they take loyal customers and treat them like crap, many of those new customers jump from company to company, when to keep a loyal customer all you have to do really is treat them with respect. This is probably falling on deaf ears but I feel better. Enjoy your phone service which ever you choose. Oh don't try and tell me you actually pay those RETAIL prices for those phones you make us promise to be your customer for two years you most likely break even or you profit.

0 Likes