Re: NO Discount to storm users!!!!
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

"Not only will the board be better and it has Wi-Fi" Yeah... wifi serves no purpose on the Verizon network due to the fact that you still have to purchase the $30 data package, so wifi is really only good for tethering, but you won't pay the extra $20 to $30 required for that because you'd be too busy signing my paychecks.

0 Likes
AzCellUser

Lala, glad you mentioned Hi-Def TV.  I bought a Toshiba Regaza about 7 months ago.  The picture quit coming on but I had sound.  Took it back to Universal Electronics where I bought it.  They checked it out and determined I was right.  Well they did not have the same model in stock to replace this one.  Guess what?  I got upgraded to the next size model without having to pay more.  Isn't that a novel concept.  Keep your customers happy and they come back as I have done already.  I and you and millions of others do pay the salaries of the Verizon employee's.  Maybe the checks are not written by us, although our monthly billing fees and other purchases go towards their paychecks.  If people quit buying phones and didn't continue their contracts once up, do you think Verizon would have to lay off?  Yes they would.  Why?  Because they had no income to keep these people employed.  It's very simple try taking some Economic and Business classes you will understand.  Unless the Govt. bails them out that's another story

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You can't use the WiFi on a Storm for tethering. It doesn't put out a Wifi signal, it only receives it.

@AzCellUser they only upgraded you to the next model because, guess what, they were out of stock!! Imagine that. And guess what? There's still plenty of stock for the original Storm. Once the original Storm no longer has any Certified Like New Replacement inventory left a similiar situation could happen. But until then: $179.99 please.

0 Likes
AzCellUser

NMChile, didn't I read in here somewhere that you have a Storm and Tour?  Or did you switch from Storm to Tour?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I've never owned a Storm. I did purchase it when it came out but I returned it within my 30 days because I didn't like it. I have had extensive time using it however, as well as the Storm 2 though not as much as the original. 

I bought my Tour in September. Previously I had a Curve 8330. Before that Pearl 8130. Before that 8830WE. Before that 7250. Remember those? Scroll wheel, blegh.

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe if you weren't one of those replace-three-times-never-happy kind of customers the people on this forum that know what they're talking about would respect your idea. (thank you NMchileman for clearing that up for me)

Oh, and that's because your crappy tv is a Toshiba. Nobody buys Toshibas silly. And they didn't have the model. I'm talking about a whole new effing TV just because... You think because your Storm has issues (and any rep could tell you it sucks, but you probably bought it the first week it came out so you're automatically entitled to a discount right?), people need to bow to your every whim. LALA says no discount.

I don't pay my own salary, babe. That's kind of hard to do. I avoid Verizon TEE HEE. Customer Svc isn't that great. Well, go ahead and cancel your contract. Your ETFs will cover my salary for a week.

Econ, business? What are these things? I'm so ignorant I've never heard of these things in my entire life. Let alone sit in a classroom. BOOOORRRRINNNNG.

And everything is Obama's fault, right?

0 Likes
AzCellUser
@AzCellUser they only upgraded you to the next model because, guess what, they were out of stock!! Imagine that. And guess what? There's still plenty of stock for the original Storm. Once the original Storm no longer has any Certified Like New Replacement inventory left a similiar situation could happen. But until then: $179.99 please.
And that is wrong.  Why give me a certified replacement when the phone I purchased was brand new?  It may be used now but a person still deserves a new replacement in the one year warranty time frame.
Your right about the TV they were out of stock.  But....... they could have sent it in for repairs and then returned it to me.  Hey you anywhere around Espanola?
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

lalalamesss wrote:

Maybe if you weren't one of those replace-three-times-never-happy kind of customers the people on this forum that know what they're talking about would respect your idea. (thank you NMchileman for clearing that up for me)

Oh, and that's because your crappy tv is a Toshiba. Nobody buys Toshibas silly. And they didn't have the model. I'm talking about a whole new effing TV just because... You think because your Storm has issues (and any rep could tell you it sucks, but you probably bought it the first week it came out so you're automatically entitled to a discount right?), people need to bow to your every whim. LALA says no discount.

I don't pay my own salary, babe. That's kind of hard to do. I avoid Verizon TEE HEE. Customer Svc isn't that great. Well, go ahead and cancel your contract. Your ETFs will cover my salary for a week.

Econ, business? What are these things? I'm so ignorant I've never heard of these things in my entire life. Let alone sit in a classroom. BOOOORRRRINNNNG.

And everything is Obama's fault, right?

I sure hope you're not a VZW employee. Or RIM either.

0 Likes
AzCellUser

Lala, never have replaced my phone.  Had some issues when I first got it but worked through them.  Works fine for me, still working on the BBM/App. World issues it's all good though.  Guess I shot your pumpkin in the eye.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

AzCellUser wrote:
And that is wrong.  Why give me a certified replacement when the phone I purchased was brand new?  It may be used now but a person still deserves a new replacement in the one year warranty time frame.
Your right about the TV they were out of stock.  But....... they could have sent it in for repairs and then returned it to me.  Hey you anywhere around Espanola?

You bought it brand new and like you said at this point it's used. So why should you be able to trade in a used phone for a new phone? VZW already loses $300-400 for every CLNR device they're sending you. They would lose even more if it was a NEW device. Nothing ever gets traded from a used to new unless it's out of stock and there's no other option.

In Albuquerque. Espanola is probably about 100 miles north. Just outside of Santa Fe. It's already snowing up there.

0 Likes