NFC on the BlackBerry 9930: When will VzW enable it?
MisterShark

It seems as though VzW has removed our (the BlackBerry user community) NFC functionality from our OS7 BlackBerry 9930 devices and I'm wondering if anyone knows when it might be added back.

This is a key feature for the 9930 and I'd like to get everything that I paid for.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NFC on the BlackBerry 9930: When will VzW enable it?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

MisterShark wrote:

It seems as though VzW has removed our (the BlackBerry user community) NFC functionality from our OS7 BlackBerry 9930 devices and I'm wondering if anyone knows when it might be added back.

This is a key feature for the 9930 and I'd like to get everything that I paid for.

You could load a newer OS build that includes the NFC files (from another vendor) such as the one referenced in the link below.  Just follow the instructions and hopefully NFC will be active on your new 9930.  According to the comments in the tread, NFC works with this version of the OS.

Just curious, what do you have that you want/need to use NFC for?  I am considering getting a 9930 and don't know if NFC is a big deal (at least not yet).

OS 7.0.0.362

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

MisterShark wrote:

You could load a newer OS build that includes the NFC files (from another vendor) such as the one referenced in the link below.  Just follow the instructions and hopefully NFC will be active on your new 9930.  According to the comments in the tread, NFC works with this version of the OS.

Just curious, what do you have that you want/need to use NFC for?  I am considering getting a 9930 and don't know if NFC is a big deal (at least not yet).

OS 7.0.0.362

0 Likes
MisterShark

Spiral wrote:

Just curious, what do you have that you want/need to use NFC for?

I personally don't have a use for it as of yet but some of the VP community that I support here at work travel internationally and I want to have answers for them when they come asking about it.

For myself though I still don't like it when a product I choose to buy has a manufacturer-installed feature that my provider then decides to cripple.

0 Likes
jd12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verison removed it until they find a way to charge you to use it. :smileysad:

0 Likes