Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,057 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
My phone locks me out and requires me to enter my password again after a rather short period of inactivity--only a minute or two. How can I lengthen this interval of time?
thodav09

My phone locks me out and requires me to enter my password again after a rather short period of inactivity--only a minute or two.  How can I lengthen this interval of time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone locks me out and requires me to enter my password again after a rather short period of inactivity--only a minute or two. How can I lengthen this interval of time?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thodav09, having to enter the password in multiple times after a short period of time can get annoying. With the Blackberry Bold models, you can change the screen timeout. I have listed the steps below.

1. Scroll to and select All.
  2. Scroll to and select Options.
  3. Scroll to and select Display.
  4. Scroll to and select Screen Display.
  5. Scroll to and select Backlight Timeout.
  6. Scroll to and select the required setting (e.g. 45 Sec.).
  7. Press the Menu key.
  8. Scroll to and select Save. 

With the Blackberry Bold once the screen times out it will require you to enter the password again. Unfortunately, there isn't an option to change that. I hope this helps. 

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes