Re: My bold keeps re-starting by itself.
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi Mike,

I did a lot of research with trial and error with the random reboots with OS 6 on my 9650.  I found there was some error in the software causing the reboot.  Just to recap, I loaded the OS 6 as is..to say, with only the default software that comes from Blackberry.  Still I had the random reboots.  I researched this in the forums at Blackberry.com and found the problem was not just with Verizon phones, but others, such as with Sprint.  I am stumped and found the only solution for me was to downgrade to 5.0.0.975.  That OS was very stable for me.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
teamcobra4

I to tried everything, I pulled all of my app's off my phone. I also formatted the memory card, got a new battery, hard restart, soft restart, praying, pleading, crying, and even got a BRAND new phone from verizon and within hours of activating the new phone....guess what......the red light of death and it reboots.... I rolled back to OS 5 and it was fine. What kind of bothers me though is i like some of the options and the lay out of OS 6, I really want it on my phone. But in this particular case, the constant reboots are not worth keeping that OS cause i cant even use my phone :smileysad: come on RIM please fix this

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just to update you all, I decided to install the latest software release for OS 6.  See my posts in the thread at http://community.vzw.com/t5/Blackberry-Bold/Bold-9650-with-OS-6-and-Random-Reboots/td-p/424654 concerning my results.

Doc

0 Likes
xaviershoot

i was experiencing the same problem, however i just downgraded to OS5, but the layout make my phone look like it was from the last decade =( anyway i will test out OS 5 for the time being just to avoid the auto-reboot problem.

0 Likes