My blackberry 8330 is forever SLOW!!
lexi8489

OK- SO I HAVE HAD MY BLACKBERRY 8330 FOR SOME TIME NOW,IT RUNS INCREDIBLY SLOW AT ALL TIMES.I THOUGHT THAT IT COULD BE BECAUSE OF THE MEMORY SO I BOUGHT A MEMORY CARD THAT HOLDS ALL MY RINGTONES,SONGS,PICS AND VIDEOS...BUT THAT DIDNT HELP AT ALL!!

ITS SO SLOW THAT WHEN I GET INCOMING CALLS ITS NOT PICKING UP THE NUMBER AND ALL CALLS COME IN UNKNOWN AND THERES NO WAY TO SEE THE NUMBER.

I HAVE TRIED TO TURN OFF THE PHONE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME BUT IT JUST DOESNT WORK.I LOVE MY PHONE BUT THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!

THANKS

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My blackberry 8330 is forever SLOW!!
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

lexi,

while your phone is still ON, pull the battery off the back of it and leave it off for a couple minutes.

when you put it back on, turn the phone on, and dial *228, then pick option 1. That will update the info for your phone.

If that doesnt work, call cust. service and see if they can do some troubleshooting with you to see if possibly there is an issue with the phone itself OR an issue with your acct personally.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

lexi,

while your phone is still ON, pull the battery off the back of it and leave it off for a couple minutes.

when you put it back on, turn the phone on, and dial *228, then pick option 1. That will update the info for your phone.

If that doesnt work, call cust. service and see if they can do some troubleshooting with you to see if possibly there is an issue with the phone itself OR an issue with your acct personally.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Princess is right to start with a battery pull to try and recover lost memory that gets leaked from apps and the OS.There are several things to do to speed up a slow berry.  If you try some of these and they help I also recommend the app called Quickpull its free and you never have to pull the cover off your phone again. I like being able to setup it up to do automatic restarts at night so I never have to.

Here is a link for the most common things to adjust on your device.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-free-memory-your-blackberry-smartphone

{no third party links please}

Message Edited by XtremeBerry on 06-10-2009 09:08 PM
Message Edited by WendyM on 06-10-2009 11:28 PM
0 Likes
lexi8489

Thank you soooo much.I took the battery out and called that number and it was a complete turn around for my phone.Its no longer going slow :smileyhappy: Is it safe to do that any time my phone starts to act up? or after awhile can it mess up your phone?

Thank You again..

LEXI

0 Likes
lexi8489

Also XtremeBerry thanks to you to for responding!I went on the site you listed and went through that long list and followed some of those instructions to free up some memory space.I have saved the site on my phone just in case I run into the problem again.

So thanks a bunch!

Lexi

0 Likes