My Usage is displaying incorrect information
FLpilot

I recently updated 3 of my phones to blackberry tours, I have the family share 2100 voice plan and the 29.99 blackberry e-mail and web plan in the 3 new tours.   

This morning I logged into my verizon to check minutes used, text send received, and data usage. To my surprise in one of the blackberrys it displayed UNLIMITED data allowance while the other two blackberrys displayed an exclamation point and a full yellow usage bar and the following message:

At per kilobyte rates, this could be $2,301.22. You might benefit from adding a data bundle to your plan, which you can do by calling Customer Service at 800-922-0204. For more information go here.

I called Verizon, and the agent told me that the plan is correct and that no data charges will apply in any of the blackberrys.  However that  message makes me nervous.

Anyone has any ideas of why "my usage" is displaying the incorrect info in two of my lines, even though my plans are properly setup?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Usage is displaying incorrect information
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
Not sure, but I wouldn't worry about it at all.  The $30 data plan required on all three of your phones covers you for unlimited internet from your device, unlimited send/receiving email, and chat on any of the 5 installed messenger services.  The only data you will be charged for is SMS/MMS if it's not covered in your regular calling plan.
Message Edited by LOWFLYER on 08-25-2009 06:49 PM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
Not sure, but I wouldn't worry about it at all.  The $30 data plan required on all three of your phones covers you for unlimited internet from your device, unlimited send/receiving email, and chat on any of the 5 installed messenger services.  The only data you will be charged for is SMS/MMS if it's not covered in your regular calling plan.
Message Edited by LOWFLYER on 08-25-2009 06:49 PM
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Yeah, I had this happen to me when I switched from a Blackberry to a WinMo phone both with the data plan. Don't know why but that little bar was always red and said I would be charged. No charges ever showed up on my bill, but it stayed that way for about 2 billing cycles then 1 day it went away. Definitely a glitch in the website.
0 Likes