Multiple emails on my Tour
rjk

I am getting 3-4 copies of all emails coming from my work email address only. I have 2 personal accounts on my phone and each of them are working well. My work account is on the Enterprise server and all functions seem to work well other than the fact that I get multiple copies of me emails. Also, if i go back to an older email and forward to someone, I will get a copy of the original email sent back to my phone, not the forwarded copy. Does anyone have any ideas? I have taken my phone to my IT guy as well as Verizon. Naturally each of them said it was the other side causing the issue. Meanwhile I have to deal with this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple emails on my Tour
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

rjk wrote:

I am getting 3-4 copies of all emails coming from my work email address only. I have 2 personal accounts on my phone and each of them are working well. My work account is on the Enterprise server and all functions seem to work well other than the fact that I get multiple copies of me emails. Also, if i go back to an older email and forward to someone, I will get a copy of the original email sent back to my phone, not the forwarded copy. Does anyone have any ideas? I have taken my phone to my IT guy as well as Verizon. Naturally each of them said it was the other side causing the issue. Meanwhile I have to deal with this.

Hi,

I have been thinking about this post all day and wondering where the problem could lie.  What you want to do is to narrow down where the problem is NOT located.  First, check the obvious.  Look at your Blackberry device and go into Email Settings.  Make sure your email account(s) does not have forwarding to another email address active.  Then, check your work computer on your email account.  Make sure there, if you use Outlook or a similar program, that email is not forwarded on that account.  After that, I would suggest deleting from your Blackberry device your email account(s) and then setting them back up.  That should fix the problem.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Multiple emails on my Tour
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

From what I have seen with Blackberry's on BES server's it sounds like it is the set-up itself. The easiest way to resolve this is to delete then re-add the corporate account. Since it is through your work your IT Admin will have to perform this for you. After he has deleted then re-synced the new account it should begin to work correctly.

0 Likes