Mobile Blogging...It's Never Been Easier
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

How to Setup a Mobile Blog

A few folks have asked me how to setup a mobile blog on a Blackberry.  Blogging can be a fun way to say what’s on your mind to the world, or to simply write down your thoughts in a private diary.  There are lots of ways to blog, but I will tell you about an easy and free way to blog right from your Blackberry device.

The first thing you need to decide is where you want your mobile blog to be hosted online.  Free is always great.  I suggest using Google’s Blogger.  You will need to setup a Gmail email account and a Blogger account.  First, setup a free Gmail account.  You can go to Gmail.com and follow the prompts for setting up your email account.  After doing so, then go to blogger.com and setup a Blogger account using your Gmail email address.  After going through the setup steps your account should be ready to blog.

Start your first Blog entry by starting an email.  Make sure you are sending the email using your gmail.com email address.  In the Subject line make up a title, as this will be the title of the blog entry.  Then, in the text area, say what you want.  Remember, it’s an email, so you can type a lot if you want.  When you are finished, send the email to go@blogger.com.  You will receive a confirmation email soon afterwards and that is it.  Visit your Blogger site and you will see your first blog entry.  You can put pictures on your blog simply by emailing the picture to go@blogger.com using your Gmail address and it will show up as a blog entry.

Wasn’t that easy?  You can control your Blogger account as to whether you want it to be public or private.  If this is going to be a diary, you may want to keep it private.  Other than that, mobile blogging from your Blackberry has never been easier.

Doc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Blogging...It's Never Been Easier
Phigment
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also noticed there was an app for WordPress.  I can't wait to see how it works (since I already have a WP blog).

0 Likes
Dixbert

Hey Doc!  Do you know if there is a way to make sure Verizon doesn't stick the message below in MMS posts to blogger.com?  I would really rather not have to go back and edit a blog post every time I post a picture.

This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required

You can see how dumb it looks at dixbert.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-lied-to-myself.html

~Dixbert

0 Likes
noneatall

So, what is the answer to the deleting this advertising verbiage?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I am sure it is only a signature that automatically inserts when you post.  Check in the settings for a auto signature and change it or delete it and leave it blank. 

Doc

0 Likes