Might be missing something...
LShimmy7

I just received a Blackberry Pearl Flip yesterday and began setting it up late last night. I had to wait until this morning to activate it. I tried accessing the browser, e-mail, and my Visual Voicemail account, but couldn't find a way to do that. Feeling **bleep**, I checked the manual. OK, simple enough. How could I have such a hard time finding things that should be right off of the main menu? Apparently, because the icons are missing. I have no Visual Voicemail icon, no Browser icon, and no e-mail set-up option. I've dug through every menu (I think). I know I have a Visual Voicemail account because I've been using it for 6 months now from my old phone. I could be missing something because I've been in a hurry. I'm in a hurry right now. So I wouldn't rule out that I've simpy overlooked something obvious. But if the icons truly are not there, could anyone figure out why they'd be missing?

Thanks in advance,

Shimmy.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Might be missing something...
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You stated you had another device?  Was it a Blackberry?  Regardless, you can go to Verizon's page to activate you new phone via their web site at http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/activate and get it going.  The instructions are self explanitory but if you should need help, check with the Smartphone Resource Center at https://smartphones.verizonwireless.com/?redirect=true&lid=//global//support//smartphone+resource+ce... for detail instructions and such.

Doc

0 Likes
LShimmy7

Using the route you described, Doc, I ended up being sent to the Blackberry support site. It turns out icons can go missing if one of four things goes wrong. The only thing that sounded remotely like my problem was the "corrupt theme" error. I gave it a shot, troubleshooting as I was directed to. Apparently, when I put my battery in and took it back out to find my MEID (not realizing the MEID was also on my receipt until after the fact), I corrupted the "theme" myself. A hard reset (battery out) was all it took to restore the missing icons.

No, this is my first Blackberry, but not my first smartphone. Never needed tech. support with my other phones so I was getting a little worried. Never had to look at my other phone's manuals. I was afraid Verizon sent me my first lemon.

Thanks for the response. You got the ball rolling for me.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Glad you got it working.  You will enjoy the Pearl flip.  It's a nice little phone.  The small form factor is what I like about it.

Doc

0 Likes