Messenger in BlackBerry Tour
HoosierGirl15

Hi all...

I just got the BlackBerry Tour this weekend. I use Messenger a lot and noticed the icons during conversations are just slightly different on the Tour (I had the Curve before). Does anyone know what they mean? Particularly, what's the icon to show someone is typing? And what's the icon to show they are on the phone or without a signal?

Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messenger in BlackBerry Tour
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Icons? it should say available or unavailable. Are you using the BBmessenger that came with the Tour or did you DL a "leaked" version?
0 Likes
HoosierGirl15
Yes, this is the version that came with the Tour. When you are having a convo with someone, the smiley face next to their name at the top does different things. With my Curve, I was able to tell when someone was typing, when someone was on the phone, when a message had been read, when someone hadn't checked their phone, etc. Some of those indicators are different. Most notably, I can't tell the difference yet between the icon when someone is typing and when someone is on the phone.
0 Likes
clownin72
yea the icons are lil diff, i personally liked it better on my curve when it actually says someone is typing an answer. But on the tour, you will notice next to their smiley face it will have a lil icon like an A shows they are typing an answer and an X shows them as being unreachable, and if they are busy and havent read the message it shows a clock type icon. But it still shows next to the checkmarks the D for delivered and the R for read messages.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

i have BBM 5.0 on my Tour and it allows you to have an avatar/pic and all your friends pics auto syncs with it. Its really cool. It tells you when they are avaiable, unavailable , are typing. You can also back up your contact list to your memory card which is real handy.

0 Likes