Looking to get Blackberry Storm!!!
mrs_t_l_c_
Hi VZW peers.  Im looking to purchase the BB Storm in a couple of days. I will not be using it for business just pleasure. This will be my first BB device. I would like to know the pros and cons from personal use. The reviews are from business use and doesn't seem to answer my questions. I previously owned the iPhone (absolutely love) and the Samsung Delve (Hate it to the 10th degree).  All replys will be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Looking to get Blackberry Storm!!!
Not applicable
I'm looking to replace three of my Family Plan LG phones with the BB Storm in a couple of weeks. we will not be using it for business just pleasure. This will be our first BB device. I also would like to know the pros and cons from personal use. If any one has any suggestion on getting the best price for these phones Please feel free to share that as well. ~~~ Thanks.
0 Likes
kidcounzlr
have you ever had a "touch screen" phone before? I have the BB Curve...and it is so sweet...that's if you like having the feel of buttons as you type a msg...the touch screen is sweet though but over time....touching screen gets old....and "I think" you spend just as much time making corrections as you do typing with any touch screen...i would suggest for your 1st BB....get a Curve...but I would wait until the new BB Curve comes out in May....!
0 Likes
kidcounzlr
price wise...you can upgrade to storm and get one free...so if you have 2 lines eligible for upgrades...you would buy one BB and get a 2nd one free..I'm not sure how that would work for the 3rd line...?
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

First hello to you all and welcome to the forum for the new folks.   Sorry for the long post but you asked some good questions.   I had the Storm for four months but finally unloaded it.   It is a very controversial device.   You'll either love it or curse it.    It is RIM's first attempt at a touch screen device.    In some respects they did a decent job.   In other respects it's problematic.   I liked it but there were too many things not working right.    We are starting to see mechanical problems in addition to the software issues that have yet to be totally fixed.

The form factor is definitely slick and definitely catches your eye.   If you expect to type a lot this may not be the device for you as typing on this particular touch screen is tricky and expect frustrating errors.   The Blackberry Curve is a much better device for typing but it doesn't have the modern slick features of the Storm.

An even newer Blackberry is slated for release in late May.  It's presently called the Niagara 9630 (but may be renamed before it's release).    It has most of the slick features of the Storm but the far more convenient QWERTY touch kepad.   I would suggest you all look at it before getting the Storm . . . very strongly urge you!    It's like a slightly smaller version of the Bold over at AT&T.    You should also know that there is a Storm II coming at the end of the year.   Finally, the present promotion says if you buy one Storm you get a second one free but the catch is that second Storm has to also be on a data plan just like the first.   You can have both on a Family Plan as I understand it.

{Please keep your postings legal}

Message Edited by BradC on 04-28-2009 09:07 AM
0 Likes
kidcounzlr
have they mentioned much regarding the storm II....? will it be touch screen as well...or a combo of the keyboard and touch...?
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome to the forum!:smileyhappy:

I don't think I could have said that any better.   The Storm II is coming later this year and that may well be the device most people want.   We shall see.

0 Likes
sonyab523

As many have said. Do not get this phone. There are several new devices coming out later.

Storm II

Whitestone (WinMo but on paper looks like it will be amazing)

In the future future

Microsofts phone called "Pink"

iPhone (2010-2012  :smileysad:)

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
Can't say it better!   Just a brief possible update . . . it appears that RIM may be changing the name from Niagara to Tour.   At least, that seems to be the "latest".    But everything you said about this device is dead on and will be the way to go!
0 Likes
StefanC
I agree completely, these things were definitely rushed to the market and Verizon and RIM are doing nothing to compensate those of us who have suffered.
0 Likes