Locked out of phone
robyn313

Just got my Blackberry curve 8330 smartphone and have already locked myself out of the phone.  I plugged in a password using the option icon and now it won't take my password.  I have only 1 more attempt left and am scared to use it.  Was on the house phone for 27 minutes on hold waiting for tech support.  Gave up, cried and decided to blog my prob.  HELP me please, anybody, somebody, surely I am not the only person who has ever done this, how do I unlock this thang???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Locked out of phone
applepiter

try the last four digits of your phone#

good luck...

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

There is no way to unlock it if you don't know the password. That's the point of the password. :smileywink:

Hope you remember it or backed up your data!

If you haven't, this is a great lesson to learn that most Blackberry users will encounter, myself included. You should have received a CD in your phone order. One of the CDs is for Blackberry Desktop Manager (BDM), load that CD in to your computer and install the software. It's great to use for backing up/restoring your data, loading applications, music, pictures..etc etc.

Just last week I couldn't remember the password to my Curve and was forced to wipe it. Thankfully my last backup was only 2 days prior. So yeah, it happens.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I am so sorry this happened to you.  Unfortunatly, everyone is correct.  You get 9 chances to guess.  After the 10th time the device will reset back to just like from the factor, losing all data and apps you added to the phone.  I hope things work out for you.

Doc

0 Likes