LiveTracker and Mobiletracker Won't Work on Verizon
Jarne

I was wondering why the Verizon supplied phone has the Livetracker app when according to SkyLab, Verizon does not enable GPS so this app can work?  I purchased the MobileTracker app before I realized that this is an issue.  Here is the response I got from the software app vendor.

Unfortunately, Verizon deactivated the built-in GPS receiver by default. For a monthly fee they may be able to activate it like they do with the 8703e.

But once the built-in GPS is activated it will work like on the 8800. Alternatively, you can purchase a Bluetooth GPS receiver, pair that device to your BlackBerry and Spot will also work with that.

--

Best regards,

Skylab Mobilesystems Ltd.

{keep personal info private}

Verizon should inform their customers that this is the case.  Does anyone know what this means by a  monthly fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LiveTracker and Mobiletracker Won't Work on Verizon
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

VZW does not disable the GPS. Go to Advanced Options>GPS, and make sure that it is set to "Location On", and location aiding is enabled, and device GPS is enabled. Your GPS should then work. I am assuming that you are on a Storm2?

0 Likes
Jarne

I have all the GPS enabled and permissions to all third party apps set to allow.  It just does not work with these apps.  It works with google maps, blackberry maps, and VZW Navigator however,  Any other ideas what is wrong?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Jarne wrote:

I have all the GPS enabled and permissions to all third party apps set to allow.  It just does not work with these apps.  It works with google maps, blackberry maps, and VZW Navigator however,  Any other ideas what is wrong?

Hi,

Try this.  Open Blackberry Maps and press the Menu key and Start GPS Navigation.  Then, press the escape button, leaving Blackberry Maps running in the background with the GPS running.  Now open LiveTracker and see if it works.

Doc

0 Likes