Keyboard issues on Blackberry Bold?
maaanddyy

I recently upgraded my Blackberry Bold 9650 with the new OS. Now, certain keys on my keyboard (s, l, g, h, w) aren't working. I tried a battery pull and it didn't do anything. It hasn't worked since last night, around 7PM. This has happened to me before, but letting it sit for a few hours fixes it. I can't type in my password because it includes some of the letters that aren't working. How can I fix this (without taking it to Verizon)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keyboard issues on Blackberry Bold?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's odd. You say this has happened before... it sounds like the keyboard is faulty if the letters won't type.  How old is the 9650?  Is it still in warranty? A CPO replacement may solve the problem - I'm using a CPO and it's been just fine.

My first thought was to do a battery pull, but you said you'd already tried that.  Is there a game or other program running in the background that maybe uses those keys and has them reassigned?  Use the Alt + back arrow key to see all the open, running programs, close any you don't need (there are 5 or 6 that will be open regardless - browser, Home, phone, messenger, messages).

0 Likes
Re: Keyboard issues on Blackberry Bold?
dbc

I am having the same problem with the Keyboard.  It has happened twice and I have only had the phone 1 month.  I was on the phone for over an hour today with Verizon and Blackberry and both companies have refused to give me a new replacement since it is 6 days over 30 days.  Blackberry admits the keyboard is faulty and I believe this is a problem they have seen before. Good luck taking it to Verizon. I have been a Verizon customer for 20 years with 3 phones on my plan and they obviously don't care if I leave. They will be able to collect a termination fee and will leave me with a blackberry that I paid for and is useless. This had been very disappointing.

0 Likes