January Update for Priv
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Seems carriers all around are getting the January update for BlackBerry Android.

Curious as to why it is taking so long for Verizon to release this update,

there are a lot of security fixes that we deserve to get in a timely manner.

Took forever to get Marshmallow, we started with the October, 2016 update, no November update, but did receive the December update. January 2017 update was released on January 5, yet we have seen nothing yet.

We should be getting timely updates, especially since it usually contains security fixes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: January Update for Priv
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to keep your device up to date with the latest available software. You can always find the latest available updates for any of our devices here http://vz.to/1MBOVk6 .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1134729?make=BlackBerry&m...

The most current software update for the PRIV on AT&T has a release date of December 19 with a security patch level of December 5.

Software updates: BlackBerry PRIV | T-Mobile Support

T Mobile's latest update is December 13.

Sprint doesn't have a PRIV.

What other carriers have received the January update?

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Obviously all US carriers suck. Checking blogs etc, some Canadian carriers and other countries have received the update. I do compare AT&T, but don't bother with T-Mobile.

My point of the post was VZW hasn't released it yet.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Software Version: AAI451 is available, I haven't received it yet.

PRIV by BlackBerry Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
RONCAR2

Well, according to the verizon site, the latest update is available, AAI451 which is later than the December update.  However, the update date has been entered incorrectly as 1/18/2016.  Someone doesn't know that we are now in 2017.  I called customer service two days ago to report this, but the date has not been changed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to keep your device up to date with the latest available software. You can always find the latest available updates for any of our devices here http://vz.to/1MBOVk6 .

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Clicking your link is where it is mislabeled as 01/18/2016 for Priv update.

The  link I use: PRIV by BlackBerry Software Update | Verizon Wireless

takes us to the update page, but there is no way to download, just wait for OTA.

That makes your reply generic and not helpful, but thanks anyway.

0 Likes
RONCAR2

OK, even though the date is wrong on the website.  I got the update this evening.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Same here, got update yesterday evening. Reading several forums, customers all across US are getting the update.

0 Likes