JUST UPSET NOW OVER [edit] UPDATE 5.0.0.328 WANT TO SWITCH TO ATT
marksogmusic

{please keep your posts courteous}{word filter avoidance}

WHATEVER. MY POINT WAS THE UPDATE IS **bleep**, IT DOES NOT WORK, IT HAS WAY TO MANY PROBLEMS AND GLITCHES AND IS CAUSING ME GRIEF EVER SINCE I INSTALLED IT.

DID ANYONE EVER THINK OF TESTING THIS STUFF OR IS THIS THE SCHOOL OF MICROSHAFT THAT CONTINUES TO PLAGUE US WITH UNTESTED RELEASES.

I AM THE UNHAPPY UPSET MAD OWNER OF A BLACKBERRY 9530 STORM

SURE WISH I HAD AN I-PHONE - MAYBE ATT WILL GIVE ME A NICE OFFER TO SWITCH

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: JUST UPSET NOW OVER [edit] UPDATE 5.0.0.328 WANT TO SWITCH TO ATT
MANNY921

HEY HEY HEY  GOOD BYE!!!!!!! {please keep your posts courteous}

OH AND BY THE WAY ULL BE BACK! THEY ALWAYS COME BACK

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have "third party" appllications installed in Storm 9530? That maybe the reason why you having problems. The v5.0.0.328 OS is not compatible with some or all of  "third party" applications. You still are required to pay for data on the iPhone, on AT&T and for all Blackberry phones on all carriers.

0 Likes
Geocritter

>WHATEVER. MY POINT WAS THE UPDATE IS **bleep**

First off...please...STOP YELLING.  It's not anybody's fault on this forum that you're having trouble.  If you're mad at VZW, then call them and yell.

>IT DOES NOT WORK, IT HAS WAY TO MANY PROBLEMS AND

>GLITCHES AND IS CAUSING ME GRIEF EVER SINCE I INSTALLED IT.

Such as?  It's easier to troubleshoot when you give specifics.  Also...if it's THAT buggy, then I'd say roll it back to what came on it.  Maybe report the bugs to VZW customer service, so they can work on fixing the problem.

>DID ANYONE EVER THINK OF TESTING THIS STUFF OR IS THIS THE SCHOOL OF MICROSHAFT THAT CONTINUES TO

>PLAGUE US WITH UNTESTED RELEASES.

I'm sure they did test it.  But it takes users reporting bugs to get things right.  What kind of 3rd party stuff are you using? Case in point: on my 8330, I found a particular theme that caused me all kinds of problems, as well as one little program I had installed that caused memory leaks.  I found replacements for those that  I liked, got refunded for the programs that caused problems.  Bottom line, things DO go wrong, you just have to kind of work with it.  You have to remember the phone is a computer/PDA first, and a phone second.

>I AM THE UNHAPPY UPSET MAD OWNER OF A BLACKBERRY 9530 STORM SURE WISH I HAD AN I-PHONE -

>MAYBE ATT WILL GIVE ME A NICE OFFER TO SWITCH

I think all phones on all companies can tick you off.  But again...we don't know what's going on, except that you're mad.  I think grass grows greener on the other side of the fence.  I've been to other companies and always come back to VZW for their service, if nothing else. If you want coverage, you go to VZW.  I don't care what Baldwin says on the ATT comercial.  🙂 

Of course, if you're bent on an I-phone...then go for it.  I think I-phone will be coming to verizon before too long (could be wrong).  But you might also look at VZW's Droids, they're pretty sweet.  

But if you want to actually work on getting your Blackberry straight, then please, tell us what's going on exactly.  Some things can be worked through.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
monwen

Not only did I have to get a new phone after upgrading ... I had to downgrade the phone as there were too many bugs (which are still not fixed).  Just to name a few .... no hyperlinks in emails, handtool does now work when embedded in emails ...

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

marksogmusic wrote:

SURE WISH I HAD AN I-PHONE - MAYBE ATT WILL GIVE ME A NICE OFFER TO SWITCH

I just love these threats....like big red is gonna give you a handout b/c you might switch...c'mon man.  First off, if you switch to ATT good luck with 3G coverage as it's a coin toss whether or not you'll have it unless u live in a major metropolitan area.  The iPhone is not God's gift to the cellphone world and not the savior of wireless....they have problems too.  If you're help bent on one, VZW is supposedly getting a CDMA version 3Q of 10......so I'd wait.  The 9530 is a great handset....I have S2 and I miss my S1.....I like the click action of the screen better on my S1 and I miss my buttons at the bottom.  OS 5.0 for S1 made it what it should have been at release.  Your problems could be due to any number of variables like incompatible apps, a system write error, or update error.  Here's what I would try.

For blackberry software / device faults
Back up all your data using Desktop Manager, and then perform a master reset on the phone.

Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings > Blackberry key > Wipe Handheld

Follow the instructions to return the phone to its original settings.

Use it for a bit to determine if the error message or problem is still coming up or not, and if you're satisfied that all is ok, restore your backup file using Desktop Manager.

If the error comes back at this point, you'll need to have a look at any programs you've installed on the phone and try uninstalling them to relieve the issue.  

Let us know.......

0 Likes