Issues with the Storm!
rhemler220
I purchased that blackberry Storm about two months ago, I had the phone for the first thirty days and only had one incident with it. Well about 3-4 days after my 30 trial or whatever you may call it my issues with the phone really started to pick up (Go Figure) . Before update .148 my phone was generally slow like most I'm sure, but I have also had an issue with the device freezing/locking up under light use (scrolling, settings menu, or in the browser) The phone also resets itself many times. I'm on my fourth storm because all of these phones keep doing the same thing and I'm starting to think it is just the software. Since I'm tired of having to re-download apps, and configure the phone , I would like to know if there is still some way to get another blackberry, specifically the tour when it comes out or storm 2 (which I hope current storm owners get a special price on) since this one just keeps having problems. Is it also possible to just cancel the plan overall since my phone does not work half the time anyway (not service, or data just the phone itself which malfunctions) without etf, I'm already planning on paying the etf but it would be nice to not have to seeing as how the only reason I want to cancel the plan is because of the horrible phone.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with the Storm!
Raghav5272

Hi

I have similar issues, The 1st Strom i had a screen malfunctioning issue and was replaced a few months back, The 2nd worked great for 3 months and unexpectedly started malfunctioning a week back, I would get a whitescreen for like 30 seconds everytime the phone was unlocked from sleep mode and i started having random reboots, they sent a replacement last friday which i guess was a refurb. this one had problems from day 1 with the screen and also the rebooted every 2-3 hours or so..i did the wipe, reloaded .148 still no good..they sent me one more refurb today after failing to give me a solution for the problems i had..this one was so bad that i i didnt even bother to activate..i had to like press the screen hard with my thumb to get any response from it.....now they are sending me one more replacement..which i guess would be a refurb again......i'm really sick and tired of backing up and restoring data and trips to fedex for sending back the phones and calls to Verizon tech support asking for help...

Is anybody facing the same kind of issues and what do i do now?

0 Likes
buckets
I absolutely detest my Storm.  The keyboard is ridiculous.  It takes forever to send a text or an email.  Why in the world would I need vowels from Middle European countries on  my keyboard.  I am really disappointed with it.  Sometimes you press the screen and it works and sometimes it doesn't.  It is undependable and I think should be recalled and replaced with the Curve which was an excellent phone.  
0 Likes
Bsmith151

Have you discussed with customer service about getting a different device?  I have read in these forums that after three replacement devices due to continuing phone problems that option is available; however if correct in the BB line you would be limited to a Curve, Pearl or 8830 as the Tour and Storm 2's release dates have not been announced yet.

As far as getting discounts on either of those two new devices nothing has been announced, but those here with more experience with Verizon are highly skeptical that any offers will be made.

If you like the Verizon service but hate just the device, selling it on E-Bay or other would supplement the cost of a different device, but if you want to leave to get a available newer BB or other device on another carrier's network proceeds from the sale of your Storm would take some of the bite out of the ETF. 

0 Likes
ldymotivator
If you hate your Storm so much why would you want to get another blackberry device?  Seems to me that you would do better getting a Samsung Saga. It has buttons, a stylus, and it's touch screen.  Or mayber you would do better going to another service provider completely and trying one of their "less complicated" handsets.  I guarantee when the Tour and the Storm 2 become available, there will be no "special offers" from Verizon to move Storm owners to that phone with no money exchanging hands.  Even if you have had your Storm replaced 3 or 4 times; Verizon moves you to a comparable phone.  The only comparable phone would be a Curve, Pearl, or maybe the Omnia, or the Saga.  Be aware that when you do get moved into a new handset free of charge because of re-occuring device issues; this will reset your UPGRADE DATE not your OUT OF CONTRACT date (these 2 dates are different)......Good Luck!
0 Likes
buckets
I loved the Curve-unfortunately the charging port was defective (this was not covered) so I had to get a new cell and that is why I chose the Storm.  I thought it would be awesome-wrong.   I like Verizon and would not change.
0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

I think that this is one of the downsides of being an early adapter.  The Storm had a lot of hype surrounding it and people just couldn't wait to get it in their hands.  I know, I was one of them having purchased it on the day of release.  I have had one replacement due to software issues, have used unofficial versions of software and even though the device isn't perfect, am happy with the .148.  Patience is a virtue, but honestly, I would not deal with a third, fourth or fifth device as others have.  I would just as soon go back to an older Berry then deal with continuous swaps.  Also, if I would have had the numerous reviews that are swirling around on the internet, I probably wouldn't have purchased the phone at all.  I say probably because I have grown to love it and you would have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Having said all of this, do I think that I deserve a medal or a discount when the new Berry's hit the market?  Ummm, not so much.  But I have learned to be a little more patient and allow a device to prove itself in the "real world" market before purchasing and making a two year commitment to it.

0 Likes
jkf
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's certainly no doubting this device has a learning curve.  I got mine last December and still have it.  The new update solved all of my problems. I know what and what not to expect from it.

One thing to think about as food for thought.  When the Tour and the Storm 2 finally do come out, whose to say they won't have the same problems??

Will watch from a distance with a little smile on my face.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Simple question. Did buy the first Storm "brand new" or is it refurbished? Also where did you buy the Stom, online or at a local Verizon Store, maybe one of the "authorized dealers?" I know this doesn't help, but if you got the Storm "brand new" at your local Verizon, maybe there not suppose to have problems.
0 Likes
cgd001

I just bought my Blackberry Storm at an official Verizon store last Friday.  Four days later, I recharge it one night and it goes dead the next morning.  My Strom will not turn on any more.  It is dead.  Apart from the screen freezes, I can't even turn it on anymore.  I spoke to technical multiple times and they agreed the phone is dead.  Four days!

All my contacts are gone! This is a piece of junk.  My company was thinking of moving over to Storms, but with all the complaints....forget it.   Verizon should give special discounts to Storm owners when Storm 2 comes out.  Not fair if they don't.  Storm owners are sufforing.  I'm sure iPhone users don't go through this.  Better yet, why can't Verizon get the iPhone?  I never hear Storm-like complaints about the iPhone.

0 Likes