Issues with my new Blackberry Tour
Marlowe

A few weeks ago I upgraded to my first Blackberry Tour. I really liked it until after a few days, it started dropping calls and having terrible reception, my voice faded in and out and then cut off.

I returned it to my local Verizon store and they replaced it free of charge. But now I am waiting breathlessly to make sure the same problems don't happen again. Have any of you had this same difficulty with the Tour?

Another issue: It seems I cannot record my outgoing voice mail message properly. I follow the instructions, but when I listen to what I've recorded, the sound is totally muffled and unclear. I tried many times and got the same results.

Another issue: I want to be able to use my Bluetooth earpiece while I'm driving in the car. But I am unable to access it using the Bluetooth button on the earpiece itself. I have to use the Blackberry buttons instead. I know how to pair, etc. so that is not the problem. This is extremely inconvenient, not to mention dangerous, while driving! I have tried 3 different Bluetooth earpieces and they all work the same.

I really love this Blackberry---my first---and I hope someone can help me with these issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with my new Blackberry Tour
hazex00110

The voice issues are not always device related.  you may want to check with verizon wireless customer service and see if there are any issues in you're area.

as far as bluetooth is concerned, although all bluetooth should work, there is a kind of compatability issue. the 3 headsets you tried were they all from the same maker?

Are you trying to record your voice mail from a headset or the device?

~hazex

0 Likes
Re: Issues with my new Blackberry Tour
Marlowe

Thank you, hazex, for your response.

I got a replacement Blackberry and it seems so far to be better with the voice quality. I think my first device was faulty.

As far as the Bluetooth... they all are from different manufacturers, and all have the same problem: I cannot access on/off, voice command, etc. from the Bluetooth itself, I have to use the buttons on the Blackberry instead. In fact, one of the Bluetooths came from the Verizon store where I got my Blackberry.

And I am trying to record my voice mail message from the device, not from a headset.

I really appreciate your help.

0 Likes