Is there a way to activate a bb without a data plan or data usage/cost
concon2627

Subject says it all. Or maybe put a data block? Or do all of them require it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry and data charges
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

whats the benifit of the blackberry u dont have data? might as not have the smartphone unless you have a wifi phone but then you're limited to hotspots for service. from what i can gather though you can get a month to month plan on a bb

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to activate a bb without a data plan or data usage/cost
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Short answer: No. Never.

Long answer: Why do you want a Blackbery without a data plan? What do you like about it that you may be able to find in a different device that doesn't require a data plan?

But then again...almost all phones are going to require a data plan soon....

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to activate a bb without a data plan or data usage/cost
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I wish it were possible,but nope :smileysad:

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

hallcp1019 wrote:

whats the benifit of the blackberry u dont have data? might as not have the smartphone unless you have a wifi phone but then you're limited to hotspots for service. from what i can gather though you can get a month to month plan on a bb

The benifit would be not paying the $30 a month and saving $30 a month.

0 Likes
Wronski06

having a blackberry without data plan is like getting an icecream cone without icecream... however it wouldnt hurt verizon to just waive the fee and allow the phones to work without the 30$ charge every month... but then again, they get us for another $360 a yr with that charge! thats $720 over the term of your contract... hmmm the wonderful world of marketing...

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

i understand you save 30 but you also would not be on the bb network and would not have there great services like the multiple emails to your phone or the web browsing that from my experience is superior to any phone save the iphone. sorta like buying a corvette with an electric motor why get the bells and whistles when you dont get the juice to run em? im not trying to oppose your idea i just cannot see how it makes sense to get a great web phone and not have the web then why not just a cell phone instead of a smartphone and get a cheaper plan all around cheaper insurance everthing?

0 Likes