Is the blackberry plan really worth the money?
billyp10980

I just want to get an idea what most people think. I know alot of people that have the blackberry think it is  great but is the plan always worth the cost? For me it would be nice to be able to access the internet wherever I go and get emails right away. I also like to take video and pictures with my phone. I currently have the env2 and my wife has an env3. My son is also on a plan with us. We are on a family select plan and currently do not have internet access. I have a home computer and its seems adding $30.00 to my cellphone plan every month is a bit steep. Thanks for any suggestions.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is the blackberry plan really worth the money?
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

If you really want a Blackberry phone, the $29.99(Blackberry Internet Service, "personal," browser, email) data plan is required, and it is "unlimited."  But if I'm not mistaken, there are other phones that some kind of internet service, that is not required.:smileywink:But if you want to send pictures and videos from phones(MMS) it is a different bundle.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

It's worth it if you need to access the internet anywhere you go. If you need email all the time. If you need constant access to your data. It's worth it. I use anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5 Gigabytes on my device alone. $30 is an extremely small price to pay for this constant reliable access.

RIM is awesome because I get my emails within 30 seconds of it being delivered to my inbox. This is paramount to the side business I run. Time is money.

So it's up to you if it's worth it or not. How much you use it will determine that. If you rarely need to access the net while away from home, or if you don't need your email on a NOW basis, then you might not find it very valuable.

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

$30 multiplied by 12 months = 360 dollars. How much are you paying for home internet access? Is it really important for you to have internet on the go? Is it necessary? Ask yourself these questions and look at the price and if it's right for you, go for it.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

billyp10980 wrote:

I just want to get an idea what most people think. I know alot of people that have the blackberry think it is  great but is the plan always worth the cost? For me it would be nice to be able to access the internet wherever I go and get emails right away. I also like to take video and pictures with my phone. I currently have the env2 and my wife has an env3. My son is also on a plan with us. We are on a family select plan and currently do not have internet access. I have a home computer and its seems adding $30.00 to my cellphone plan every month is a bit steep. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi,

My suggestion is to stick with the EnV phone.  The Blackberry is not for everyone.  You are correct, the data plan does add up, but the $29.99 a month per Blackberry device is not an option, it is a requirement.  All of the cellular providers have started making this a requirement now on all new Blackberry devices.

Doc

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

well if you dont need internet access on your cell then you probably dont need a blackberry...stick with the env....i had an env2 and the internet was terrible...but i surf the net on my phone...$30 for data is a little pricey but for me i also love to instant mess and get emails and i text out of control...its worth it for me because i'm big on emails and i need them on the fly.

0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

nmchileman wrote:

It's worth it if you need to access the internet anywhere you go. If you need email all the time. If you need constant access to your data. It's worth it. I use anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5 Gigabytes on my device alone. $30 is an extremely small price to pay for this constant reliable access.

RIM is awesome because I get my emails within 30 seconds of it being delivered to my inbox. This is paramount to the side business I run. Time is money.

So it's up to you if it's worth it or not. How much you use it will determine that. If you rarely need to access the net while away from home, or if you don't need your email on a NOW basis, then you might not find it very valuable.

well said....kudos to you

0 Likes
billyp10980

Thanks to everyone for your input. I have been doing some research on the blackberry. Everyone I know seems to love it. I have to weigh my options on the price for the data plan an how much Ill actually have to use it. The emailing, texting, and being able to access the internet at any time is definetly a great thing. What about using the phone as a modem? Will the blackberry also work with the home computer? Is it as fast?

0 Likes