Is Verizon making bb users use Bing as the default search?????????
Ericuse165
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was reading some website and it said Verizon is making Blackberry users use Bing as the default search engine on any bb.  With no option to change it is this true? Did anyone read this to or having trouble changing the default search engine? Any information??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon making bb users use Bing as the default search?????????
Developer
Enthusiast - Level 3

'tis true.  Bing is the default search engine on Blackberry through VZW.  You can, however, just create a bookmark for Google/Yahoo/AOL and just search from any of the search providers' mobile sites fairly easily and painlessly.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I still have all the other search engines available in mine...Google, Live Search, Wikipedia, and Dictionary.com.  I did not click on the Bing icon and install Bing.  I have version 5.0 OS running on my Tour.

Doc

0 Likes
Ericuse165
Enthusiast - Level 3

K thanks I will try to get it off Bing sucks. Any of you know why Verizon is doing this

0 Likes
Geocritter

Money, I'm sure.  Just how business works.

I don't use Bing, don't like it, etc.  I just set my homepage to take me to google directly.  Problem solved. 

This horse has been killed, run over, and run over again in the forum; I think it's pretty much dead now.  People absolutely went off the deep end about whether VZW had the right to do it (which they do) or not.  Frankly, I never saw any reason to get bent out of shape about it...I just hid the icon, set my page for google, and moved on.  I've got way more important things to worry about in my life.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes