Is Blackberry good for me?
Otacon

I'm not sure what phone is best (I can't even decide BB or Windows atm), but I am looking for a phone that will.....

• Connect to multipule chat protocols
    • AIM
    • Google
  • Connect to multipul email servers
    • Exchange (more than one would be nice)
    • Gmail and other POP/IMAP services
  • Fast and easy web browsing, with good webpage support
  • Lots of addon's for assorted tasks
  • Physical keyboard a plus

I am somewhat dissappointed by the apparent choice of only the Curve 8330 and the Storm. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Blackberry good for me?
BlackBerry_i812

I like the BlackBerry Storm 9530

It has all the Features that you listed, Plus many more..

and I bought an External Bluetooth Keyboard that works Great with the Storm..

-------------------------------------

The Freedom Universal Bluetooth Keyboard is the world’s first dual standard (HID & SPP) full five-row folding Bluetooth keyboard (featuring 65 keys). Plus the full sized keys have “scissor action” compression giving that quality feel just like a desk top keyboard.

http://shop.crackberry.com/freedom-universal-bluetooth-keyboard/14A42A229.htm

The compact keyboard folds down to easily fit in your pocket and opens out to give a five row keyboard complete with numbers and navigation buttons - allowing you to quickly navigate around your BlackBerry.

• Write email and notes easily
  • Navigate round your Smartphone
  • Includes leather style carrying case with magnetic closure.
  • Keyboard weights just 7 oz including pull out stand for the phone
  • Shortcuts and programmable hot keys for complete remote control of your device.

Comes complete with all you need to get typing:

0 Likes
Otacon
An external keyboard seems kinda silly, and not something I'd be very interested in. I'm somewhat leaning away from the storm, mostly because, while it may be a good phone, it seems there have been many people who cite some shortfalls with the phone (i.e. the touchscreen not the best it could be) which could make it a bit frustrating to use.
0 Likes
BlackBerry_i812

I agree that you should Buy the Phone that feels right for your purpose..

However, I have two friends that own G3 iPhones and they have the same problems with the iPhone..

Even "Kim Kommando, the Digital Godest on her Radio Talk show has said she has a few problems with her iPhone..

-----------------

So take you pick and make your choice and live the the minor problems, until this NEw Technology works out all the Bugs.. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
carolinaboy
Hello. I'm new to the Blackberry's, never had one, considering switching to one. Did you look at more than one before choosing. How much does your data plan run, and what all are you able to do. Thanks
0 Likes
kolotopiN-X
Someone from texas would say "G3" Iphone LOL! Its 3G!
0 Likes