Ipd file? how to open it?
kiku

Hi there ...i have a backup from my blackberry 9650, i see the file but i cant open it?

it is a IPD file. how can i open that file that i can see all my data, telephon numbers etc?

Thanks a lots

Kiku

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ipd file? how to open it?
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately you will have to restore it to see it and then change it how you want. You can sign into My Verizon and view your contacts in Back Up Assistant...good luck hope it has helped

View solution in original post

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can only open it with desktop Manager...hope this helps

0 Likes
kiku

I just tried to click on it ...it ask me with what kind of program i want to open it. thank you

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think you can actually open like to edit it. I have heard there are some converters out there but have also heard it can create issues with registries. Its just a back up file in case you need to restore info

0 Likes
kiku

Ok , thank you again , so the point is, my blackberry just died, a bug or a virus, i am going to get a new one tomorrow, but i wanted to see if i can open the backup that i made few month ago, so i can ONLY put this backup again whem i will get my new cell phone?

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can use this back up to restore files. Its a good idea to back up frquently just in case. As far as contacts go did you use Back Up Assistant?

0 Likes
kiku

YES  i used backup assistant, but i though i could open it in my computer.. i dont know what is it inside, it was month ago i did a back up ,i added more contacts, and now i wanted to see that IPD file ...the computer dont let me open it , and i have no option with the softwear of the blackberry to open it , thats sucks

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately you will have to restore it to see it and then change it how you want. You can sign into My Verizon and view your contacts in Back Up Assistant...good luck hope it has helped

0 Likes
kiku

Thank you so much for your help.... Do you have any idea maybe, how can i see all my contact of my cell phone true my computer .. i just succed to reconnect my computer to my cell phone (usb cable) i dont see where is all my contacts? i see my pictures, music, video, ( i am lucky i saved all on my desk) but i didnt find my contacs phones numbers etc ..

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you use MS Outlook they should be in the contact folder otherwise you can see them on My Verizon...glad to help

0 Likes