I read that the BB Passport will work once Verizon rolls out VoLTE. Is this true? When will that be? I am happy to buy and unlocked international phone to get the passport. If it doesn't happen soon I am going to have to switch to AT
AJinLA

My Q10 is two years old.  I don't see the Classic as that much different than I already have.  I really want the passport.  May have to switch to AT&T to get it if the VZW network won't accommodate the BB Passport soon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I read that the BB Passport will work once Verizon rolls out VoLTE.  Is this true?  When will that be?  I am happy to buy and unlocked international phone to get the passport.  If it doesn't happen soon I am going to have to switch to AT
Snn5
Legend

You'll need to switch then.  Verizon isn't going to carry or support the Passport.  And VoLTE (Advanced Calling) has been around for a year or more.

Re: I read that the BB Passport will work once Verizon rolls out VoLTE. Is this true? When will that be? I am happy to buy and unlocked international phone to get the passport. If it doesn't happen soon I am going to have to switch to AT
Weth
Legend

The real question is not VoLTE (which has been active for nearly a year as noted by Snn5), but when Verizon is going to switch to allow LTE only phones and devices on their network with no legacy CDMA support. That is not the case now, nor have they said anything definite about when that will happen other than a very general eventually. The Passport is GSM and LTE only and has no CDMA support which is required at this time on Verizon. If you must have the Passport, I would not count on it being able to be used on Verizon's network in the next 12 to 18 months.