I cannot access mobile websites
berryhead

I have tried to access m.directv.com on my browser and it keeps saying( HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout    The gateway timed-out while waiting for a response from the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists ). Timed-out? It only took about 3 seconds!  :smileymad:

I called VZW and they said that the website probably wasn't BB compatible so they put in a service order. I also tried Gmail and the same thing. I have had this problem on several other sites but cannot remember which ones. :smileysad:

Thank in advance for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot access mobile websites
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

Berryhead: I tried it just now on my Curve and I was able to access the site.  I am wondering when you have tried to access the site: What does the 1XEV look like on your phone?  I am wondering this because this can be a cause.  Also do you have access to other mobile sites?

DJ

0 Likes
hazex00110

what kind of blackberry are you using? you may wanna try changing how your blackberry is recogonized. When you have the web browser open click your blackberry buttoon (button with the dots on it) then select options > then brwoser configuration > then browser idectification. try changing it to Internet Explorer. (NOTE: when you change the id from blackberry sites will not recogonize it as a phone and will not automatically forward you to a mobile version if available.) Also try making sure java script is enabled and see if that helps.

Best of Luck

0 Likes
berryhead

I have plenty of signal or EVDO and I have tried it in several locations. I can access m.youtube.com with no problem. The only sites I have really tried are m.google.com, m.directv,and m.youtube. I may have tried others but i don't remember but the results are the same.

Thanks!

0 Likes
berryhead

Storm, and have changed my browser to all 3 with the same results. I do have java script enabled.

Thanks!   :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes