How to forward an attachment to another email
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Without forwarding the email itself, we need to get an attachment, usually a PDF, from email #1 and send it as the same kind of attachment in a new email. Some methods seem to send the PDF as a jpg which is almost unreadable. What I've figured out takes many steps (I'll write it below) and I wonder if there is a faster way to do this? (Note that forwarding the original email will not let me delete the original sender or his text. We don't want this to show on new email)

What I CAN do that works:

1) save an attachment:

Cursor on it, click, download, yes, up, select here, wait to complete. (It will end up in files, media card, blackberry, documents folder)

then

2) create a new email

start an email, press bb menu, attach file, media card, blackberry, documents, cursor on file, “select” or press button

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to forward an attachment to another email
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
JMB (and kwm1337),
The steps you outlined are the way to do it, and it really isn't all that difficult. You 'd have to do the same thing on the computer to send an attachment without the "forwarding" information being sent.... download/save attachment, start a fresh, new email, attach previously saved attachment and send.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kwm1337
Contributor - Level 1

I am racking my brain on this one and that is the way to do it if you are wanting just the attachment. I've never known another way in all my years of doing what you want to do any other way, but if anyone figures it out let me know.

Best of Luck,

--kwm1337

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
JMB (and kwm1337),
The steps you outlined are the way to do it, and it really isn't all that difficult. You 'd have to do the same thing on the computer to send an attachment without the "forwarding" information being sent.... download/save attachment, start a fresh, new email, attach previously saved attachment and send.
0 Likes