Re: How to Update Your Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Have you tried downloading Desktop Manager directly from the Blackberry webisite? You can find it here.

Uninstall everything you have now. Make sure you use the Add/Remove programs tool in Control Panel to make sure everything RIM related is removed. Restart your computer. Attempt the download from the link provided. Follow these instructions exactly and then let us know what happens.

0 Likes
chipellini

Thanks for your reply.  I did everything you said - I uninstalled BB Desktop Manager using Add/Remove Programs in the control panel.  I also went back to see if there was anything else that was RIM related but didn't find anything to suggest that.  I restarted my computer.  Tonight I downloaded the zip file directly from the BlackBerry website.  However, I still got the same error message as before when I tried to install the program and was still unable to unzip the file.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. I want to update my Blackberry Storm to the new OS, and I've backed everything up using the BB desktop manager 4.7 before removing the program.  But now I don't have anyway to restore what I've backed up if I need to.

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Chipellini, basically that error means that the internal organization of the ZIP file has been damaged. This may have occurred because the file was corrupted during the download process or the full file was not downloaded perhaps due to an error or because the user cancelled the process, not much help I know but go ahead and delete the downloaded file again and try again to search for anything RIM related, restart the computer and re-download....Do you have more than 1 computer?  Try installing DM on another computer and see if you can get it that way too.  Let us know how it goes.........doncha just love technology???

0 Likes
TN_Adam

When i tried to update to the new Tour OS.. i got "App Error 200" and now my tour won't go past that, and installations fail, and restorals do not work.  Any help with this?!

0 Likes
kelkeyes

I updated my Blackberry Curve and now I am having a few issues that I do not know how to fix....

1) My ringtones will not work....my phone is on a pulsating vibrate mode....I purchased my ringtones again, set the ringtone and still no luck....

2) My ringback tone is not working either....I went to verizon.com re selected and no luck....

3) My tone that was used when recieving texts is no longer working which I believe was the default before upgrade and I do not see an option on how to change that.....

Thank you for any help you are able to give me......

0 Likes
jobal1978

we had to update two storms and the first phone did the backup but the second one didnt. on the second phone it lost all the contacts and everything else. is there anyway to retrieve this stuff. when i get on to see if it backed up it shows neither did but first phone kept all info. please any help would be great.

0 Likes
ashley5150

i have a question im updating my blackberry storm to the new software 5.0 and before i click next it says WARNING AFTER COMPLETING THE LOADING OPERATION IM MUST ACTIVATEMY DEVICE WIRELESSLY TO CONTUINE TO SEND AND GET MESSAGES....  so  what do i do im not understanding that????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

0 Likes
twoozer

Me, too, please - before I do my first upgrade, just wanted to verify what the "wireless activation" requires after the download/install.  Is it just a matter of turning the wireless back on?  Or responding to prompts?  I've scanned several websites for the answer and most of them explicitly refer to enterprise Blackberries, not personal ones. 

Thanks in advance.....

0 Likes
twoozer

Okay, no answers forthcoming here, I did another web search and this time came up with two sites that indicate if not an enterprise Blackberry then the wireless activation can either be skipped, or if no network connectivity found after software upgrade, then go to Manage Connections and turn on mobile network.  That's what I thought, but didn't want to head down that path and get stuck and not have a functional BB on my hands.

0 Likes