How do I delete unwanted BING! icon and stop app pushes?
RogueRider

I'm relatively new to verizon service.  I hate the fact that they shoved Bing! install icon on me.  I have the icon hidden in a folder.  Can it be deleted completely, banished from the face of the earth?  Can security settings prevent unwanted app pushes from the network nazis?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: How do I delete unwanted BING! icon and stop app pushes?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

No, the pushed icons can not be deleted, only hidden.  If you are worried about it using up precious space in your memory, it doesn't...only if you install the program. 

Doc

0 Likes
RogueRider

Thanks Doc.  Can I set security to prevent these types of pushes?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

No, there is no filter or security setting to block them.

Doc

0 Likes
RogueRider

Thanks Doc.  I appreciate the information and my question is answered but, I hestitate to mark this as an accepted solution

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I understand..

0 Likes
BigFatDynamo

While I know this is not a permanent fix(it will come back any time you re register with the network, i.e. when you turn your phone off and on, or a battery pull) you are able to remove the icon app push by going to options, advanced options, service books, highlight the bing service book, hit menu, and delete it.  I hope this helps somewhat.

0 Likes
jim123

I created a folder called Horse Crap and put the unwanted icons there. If enough people complained about this then they would change it.

RogueRider wrote:

I'm relatively new to verizon service.  I hate the fact that they shoved Bing! install icon on me.  I have the icon hidden in a folder.  Can it be deleted completely, banished from the face of the earth?  Can security settings prevent unwanted app pushes from the network nazis?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

jim123 wrote:

I created a folder called Horse Crap and put the unwanted icons there. If enough people complained about this then they would change it.

Hi,

I doubt Verizon would stop the push concept of delivering those icons.  They are paid by the various companies to have those icons appear.  But I do like your idea of a name for a folder for those icons, LOL.

Doc

0 Likes