How do I clear the voice mail notification icon?
Lws1944

I am having issues on BlackBerry KeyOne. It's a brand new phone and yes there were numerous updates to many apps and one to the OS. android 7.7.1

Very frustrating

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I clear the voice mail notification icon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, Lws1944! I know how frustrating it can be to have a voice mail icon. 

Have you checked your voice mail messages? (Dial *86 [send].) If so, have you saved or deleted them? Once you save or delete the message, press the * key twice, to end the call. This should also remove the icon. However, if you just end the call without saving or deleting the message, the icon may continue to appear on your phone. 

Please let me know if you're able to do this successfully. 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Lws1944

Gosh I never thought to check my voice mail messages, oh wait because the voice mail icon wont go away i check it every hour or so. No your your "answer" was less than encouraging. It makes me unsure you know as much as I do. I have deleted all my voice mail messages and hit the styar key twice for the last 15 years and the icon always went away but now it doesn't go away, WHY?

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎March‎ ‎7‎, ‎2018‎ ‎04‎:‎25‎:‎48‎ ‎PM‎ ‎EST, vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

#yiv6489508150 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

Shop

Support

My Verizon

| |

How do I clear the voice mail notification icon?

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in BlackBerry - View the full discussion

Congratulations on your new phone, Lws1944! I know how frustrating it can be to have a voice mail icon. 

Have you checked your voice mail messages? (Dial *86 .) If so, have you saved or deleted them? Once you save or delete the message, press the * key twice, to end the call. This should also remove the icon. However, if you just end the call without saving or deleting the message, the icon may continue to appear on your phone. 

Please let me know if you're able to do this successfully. 

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community

Start a new discussion in BlackBerry by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In my experience with the basic non-visual voicemail, I have sometimes had the notification symbol stuck on. To clear it, I would have to call my own number from another phone and leave a two second message. Then on my phone, I would call voicemail and delete the message I just left.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.