Hotmail setup on tour, but it says no messages
versteegmd

Hello,

I just set up my hotmail account on tour but it is saying there are no messages.  I got a message saying that I needed to make sure that any email clients I was using were set up to leave messages on the server.  I do not use an email client so all the messages are currently on the server and in the account.  Any idea on how to get it so that I can check my hotmail on the blackberry (without forwarding to a blackberry account and without using the browser?)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hotmail setup on tour, but it says no messages
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

versteegmd wrote:

Hello,

I just set up my hotmail account on tour but it is saying there are no messages.  I got a message saying that I needed to make sure that any email clients I was using were set up to leave messages on the server.  I do not use an email client so all the messages are currently on the server and in the account.  Any idea on how to get it so that I can check my hotmail on the blackberry (without forwarding to a blackberry account and without using the browser?)

Hi,

What kind of Hotmail account do you have?  If it is one of the free ones, you can't set it up through the Email Settings on your device.  You can only set it up if it is a Premium Hotmail account.  This is not a problem with Verizon or Blackberry, but with Hotmail.  See the document at Blackberry's web site at http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03405&sliceId=1&docTy... 0 228894138

Doc

0 Likes