Help with Blackberry Tour..It's frozen
ceppes

I have taken out the battery and put it back in for the last hour and I cant unlock my phone at all. I cant type or use the track ball. It froze right in the middle of me reading a message and it hasnt been working ever since. When I put the battery back in to unlock my phone I cant type. WHen the screen goes dark (powesave) I cant do anything to bring the screen back up.WHat else can i do short of throwing my phone out of the window?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with Blackberry Tour..It's frozen
Wronski06

sledge hammer, torch, cannon, free way over pass, just some other ideas....

0 Likes
ceppes

Ok seriously though, what else can I do? this is driving me crazy right now.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ceppes wrote:

I have taken out the battery and put it back in for the last hour and I cant unlock my phone at all. I cant type or use the track ball. It froze right in the middle of me reading a message and it hasnt been working ever since. When I put the battery back in to unlock my phone I cant type. WHen the screen goes dark (powesave) I cant do anything to bring the screen back up.WHat else can i do short of throwing my phone out of the window?

I am not that familiar with blackberry's. You probably could reset the phone somehow. Try that and see if it works. If it does not....warranty exchange is the next thing to do.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Try plugging your phone up to a computer and use Blackberry Desktop Manager.  See if you can use that to get your Blackberry going.  If you started having problems after recently installing an app, chances are that app is interfering with your device.  You try to use Blackberry Desktop Manager to delete the app, if that is what you think it might be.  Also, you can restore you device if you recently backed up.  Worse case, you can use it to restore your OS.  Just throwing out some ideas.

Doc

0 Likes
ceppes

Hi Street Doc:

I actually did the restore with the Blackberry Desktop Manager and still nothing. I took it to 2 VZW coporate stores today and neither one of them could help me or give me a replacement ("certified refurbished Blackberry 9630 Tour") phone right there. I have to wait ANOTHER 24 hours for it to be FEDEX to me. So I will be out of a phone for 48 hours. I cant get past the home screen or anything at all.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sounds like a defective device.  Sorry you could not get it going with Desktop Manager.

Doc

0 Likes
kismet769

I had the same problem a while ago and Destop Manager didn't help at all. However; BB Swiss Army Knife worked great. I was able to delete the bad app and reinstall my OS.

0 Likes