Help! "Reload software error 507" Message on Blackberry Tour?
katpinn

So I updated to the new software yesterday morning. Everything was okay for most of the day. Some of my applications weren't working properly, then finally, yesterday evening, I noticed that my backlight was not turning off. So I did a soft reset by pulling the battery. When the phone powered back on, the screen was white and has the small error message "reload software error 552".

So last night, I took the phone home, tried to look up some info on the issue. I tried hooking up the device to desktop manager, but it didn't seem to recognize it initially. However, when I would go in to update the software, it did recognize my device and told me I already had the software. I read somewhere to try doing it without the battery, and when I did that, I got further in the process, but would always get an error message. Oh yeah, and at some point after doing all that last night, the error code changed from 552 to 507. According to the info on forums online, it seems to mean the same problem, but I can't seem to figure out what to do to fix it. Please help!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Help! "Reload software error 507" Message on Blackberry Tour?
mohrayma

Error "Reload Software: 552" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone .

Doc ID: KB18751
Modified Date: 12-01-2009
Document Type: Support

Environment

• BlackBerry® smartphones
  • BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.7.1
  • SDR322523
  • SDR371635
  • DT364168

Overview

The following error message may be displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone:

Reload software: 552 or App Error 552

Cause

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team.

Resolution

Upgrade to the latest available BlackBerry Device Software version provided by your wireless service provider to resolve this issue.

Workaround

Complete the following steps:

1. Verify that the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
  2. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not re-insert the battery.
  3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
  4. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
  5. On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader.
  6. In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
  7. Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
  8. Select the applications that you want to install.
  9. Click Next.
  10. Click Next.
  11. Click Finish.
  12. When the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.

Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at http://www.blackberry.com/btsc.

0 Likes
Re: Help! "Reload software error 507" Message on Blackberry Tour?
mohrayma

i dwnloaded an app and my phone froze pulled da battery then got the reload software 552 error so i went on blackberry.com and im giving the info a try. hoping it works but havin a feeling it is erasing everything Smiley Sad nd to think i went from a tmobile sidekick to a bb tour and i have so many issues with it but i prefer a blackberry but the issues are aggravating

0 Likes