Help problems w text messaging-not rec txts & replies not sending.Anyone else same problem?
notextlife

Hello-I have had problems for nearly a week with text messaging.  I have called Verizon 5 times and gone to a V store and upgraded my Blackberry Storm to the new Storm 2.  We thought the problem was fixed because this would eliminate a potential hardware issue...unfortunately text is still not working.  Today I missed a lunch date because I did not get the text message.  I rec'd an email from Verizon that they sent me a text regarding a change on my account but the text did not go through.  Well, ya.  Is anyone else having trouble? 

I have at least 10 people that have verified sending multiple messages and I did not receive/or they did not receive my messages.  The people are on all different networks - AT&T, Altel, Sprint, Verizon. Comcast, Boost - it does not seem to be limited to a certain provider.  I have had the Verizon service for a long time and never experienced a problem.  However, if I can't get this resolved in the next day or two I will be forced to find another service provider.  Sometimes the texts will send, but when they do not there is never an error message saying the text did not go through.  Once in a while I still get a text but now many people will not text me!  I had someone call today that sent me 3 text messages and thought that I was ignoring them.  And, worse, IF I get a message I can text one or two times and then I do not get any subsequent messages. And, I have never received the flood of text messages that you usually get when the service has been offline or your phone has been turned off for a while.  Where did they go if I am not getting an error message and neither is the sender?  I would like to say I can live without text.  But, I can't.  And...I am paying for it.  Help please!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help problems w text messaging-not rec txts & replies not sending.Anyone else same problem?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sorry you are having difficulties with your device.  Actually, it does not sound like a device problem, rather than an account problem.  What I mean, is that it sounds like Verizon does not have SMS messaging activated on your account.  My suggestion would be to call *611 from your device and speak with Customer Service to verify your account.  If you had this problem with two different devices, then it is not the device, but a problem on Verizon's end with your account settings.  Good luck and I hope you get this resolved.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Help problems w text messaging-not rec txts & replies not sending.Anyone else same problem?
notextlife

Thanks for the reply.  Actually it turned out that my phone was not being recognized/authenticated on the network and they had to assign a new authentication key.  It was resolved but it took a long time for something so simple.  It is good learning in case this ever happens again! 

0 Likes