Help! The 4.7.1.61 Ruined my phone!
saehay

Verizon decided to update my Blackberry Tour to the new software without informing me late Thursday night. I'm assuming the problem is that my phone is set to automatically shut off at night. In any event I turned it back on and it froze instantly and then upon rebooting it showed a white screen that said "Reload Software" or something to that effect. I tried to restore my phone using the Desktop Manager on my Mac but all of my downloaded applications and some of my native applications are now gone. How do I recover my programs/data/information??

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help! The 4.7.1.61 Ruined my phone!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

saehay wrote:

Verizon decided to update my Blackberry Tour to the new software without informing me late Thursday night. I'm assuming the problem is that my phone is set to automatically shut off at night. In any event I turned it back on and it froze instantly and then upon rebooting it showed a white screen that said "Reload Software" or something to that effect. I tried to restore my phone using the Desktop Manager on my Mac but all of my downloaded applications and some of my native applications are now gone. How do I recover my programs/data/information??

Hi,

From reading your post, I understand your Tour was upgraded without you knowing?  As far as I know, that can not be done.  Upgrades are not pushed to devices.  In any case, my suggestion would be to wipe your device and reload the OS.  Crackberry has a great help section about problems with upgrades found at http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-operating-system-os and you may read that and get some ideas. 

Doc

0 Likes
saehay

StreetDocRN wrote:

From reading your post, I understand your Tour was upgraded without you knowing?  As far as I know, that can not be done.  Upgrades are not pushed to devices.  In any case, my suggestion would be to wipe your device and reload the OS.  Crackberry has a great help section about problems with upgrades found at http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-operating-system-os and you may read that and get some ideas. 

Doc

It sounds strange I know, but I literally went into a midnight movie and afterwards turned it back on and there were two icons on my home menu and some things were moved around. 

As for the crackberry article, thanks but I have a macintosh and the Desktop Manager looks and works a little differently.

0 Likes
TN_Adam

not sure how the MAC thing plays into it, but i had to wipe the device using JL_Cmdr and then install the OS, and then restore.  It wasn't perfect but it worked after trying 20 other things. 

Here's that post: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/Official-Tour-9630-OS-update-4-7-1-61/td-p/119063

Blackberry FAQ(you may have to register)

0 Likes